Princess of Night (ch 13)

I bit my lip and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

"My hair..."

"Your hair is amazing." Scarlett said, curling my brown locks with her curling wand.

"Thanks." I nodded and began to apply my make up.

After I finished, I headed downstairs. Scarlett's mum was waiting at the bottom with crisps.

"You look so beautiful.."

I blushed and took a crisp. Scarlett's mum was like my auntie. "Scarlett and Lisa are coming down now," I said.

We watched as both girls walked down the stairs. They looked like princesses going to a ball.

I stared at myself in the mirror and fastened my silver necklace at my neck.

_______________________________________________________________________

Following three doorbell rings: one from Matthew, one from Gareth, and one from Chris Stone for Lisa, we left.

I clambered into Matthews taxi. "I'll pay it." I reminded him.

"No. Since you're so beautiful, I will."

I blushed and punched him on the shoulder.

"That was a joke."

I punched him again. "Ow, sorry."

I laughed.

"Seriously, though. You do look good."

"Thanks and same to you," I said, eyeing his suit.

We entered the school hall, which was throbbing with music. In the middle of the hall, people were dancing in their suits and finery. I spotted Scarlett and walked over to her.

"Hi." She said..

"Hi." I shouted over the music.

"Ash!" Gareth came over. His eyes scanned over me and he broke into a smile. "You look great!"

I nodded in thanks. I squinted my eyes at his face; recognising something about him.

The fast paced music changed to a slow dreamy tune and everyone split off into couples.

I rushed towards the bathroom, and that was when I saw him.

"Neil!" The words left my lips before my mind had a chance to recognise them. I placed my hand over my mouth, wondering what I had just said.

The guy looked over and saw me. His green eyes twinkled in the glow of the disco lights. 

He smiled and walked over to me.

"Are you....?" I started confusedly.

"I'm new. I'm starting on Monday. I'm Neil."

"Oh," I said, finally seeing sense.

He was so handsome. He had slightly unkempt dark hair and a smile that lit up the whole room.

"What classes are you taking?" I said, making conversation.

"History, Journalism, Maths, RE....I can hardly remember them all," he laughed.

"Well, I do History and Journalism, and we might be in the same Maths class.." I rambled on.

He nodded and flashed me a smile. "Well, see you in class on Monday, Ash."

"Who was that?" Lisa whispered behind me. I turned around. "Another newbie. He's called Neil."

That's when I realised he had called me Ash..and I hadn't told him my name..