Princess of Night (ch 23)

Neil's face swam into my vision.

"Ash, are you okay?" His voice seemed to come from a different part of the room.

I tried to sit up but an enormous pressure on my head stopped me. I placed my hand to my head and frowned. What had happened?

I remembered Lucia - the attack - then the blackout. After that, I had no clue.

I watched Neil's lips as they moved, telling me everything was going to be alright, reassuring me that I didn't need to worry. That made me worry.

I opened my mouth to speak but the voice that came out was thick and strange.

"What hap-pened?"

Neil's forehead creased with concern. He put his cool hand on my forehead.

"It was...Lucia...." he paused to see if the name registered in my head.

"Go on.." I urged him.

"She took too much...too much blood.

And I'm sorry, Ash. If I had the choice, I wouldn't have done it. But I had no choice."

"You did what?" My voice came back as I struggled to understand what he was saying.

His face filled with regret and sadness.

"You're a vampire."

Silence followed. I sat up as my co-ordination returned. I was one of them?

I pushed my finger in my mouth and a sharp fang extended, pricking my finger.

I stared at the bead of blood and watched as the tiny cut healed itself.

"I'm sorry," Neil broke the silence.

I glanced from my finger to his face. I certainly didn't feel any different. I felt like normal.

As normal as you could feel when you'd just found out you'd been changed into a vampire.

"I had to do it, or else you would be dead. I'm so sorry, Ash. I.."

I nodded quietly. "It's alright," I said even though it clearly wasn't.

"I'm not angry at you. You saved my life."

He winced. "I didn't. I didn't save you from Lucia."

"If you hadn't have been there, I would be..dead." I breathed out.

I looked into Neil's eyes. Then I leant forwards and kissed him slowly.

"So what happens now?" I asked.

"Anything you want, princess of night.."

***********************************

So that is the end folks!! 

TTFN

I might make this into a series but only if I get enough reads!!!

Cheers.