Chapter 3: Presents!

"I really missed this place," I said to my friends as we walked back to our common room.

"Me too. I've missed all my friends. The only bad part is I have to share a dorm with Percy Weasley. You think after four years you'd be used to it."

"He's gotten worse over the summer now that he's been made a prefect. Just a bit of a warning," Fred smiled dully.

"Great," Oliver moaned.

"I miss Rian already."

"Don't worry, George. I'll give her the password tomorrow when we see her."

"Percy didn't like last year when the prefects and heads of houses allowed common room sharing, not even just for Gryffindor. I remember last term when you got all the house passwords in one week."

"It's not my fault I have friends in every house. Don't worry about Rian, she can handle her own after what the other Slytherins put her through."

George nodded in agreeance. "She's tough."

"Well, now we're here. What should we do first?" Fred was eager to get this pranking started.

"We can sit by the fire and talk about the summer break," Oliver suggested.

"Mine was boring."

"Same."

"Same."

"Ooh, I have an idea! We can make friends with some new first years when they come back downstairs. I'm sure they'd love to see a tad bit of magic."

"You just want to be friends with everyone. Are myself, Fred, Oliver, and Rian not enough for you?"

"You guys are my best friends. There's nothing wrong with having a lot of friends."

"George, we almost forgot her birthday presents."

"What? You know you guys didn't have to get me presents."

"I know, but we're your best friends. Don't worry, we saved up money all summer and bought it in Diagon Alley. I'll go get them and be right back."

George left and went up the staircase to our right, leading to the boys' dormitories.

"It didn't cost too much, did it?"

"No. We know you'd rather us save our money for more important things. Thanks for evening us out with the sweets trolley today."

"No problem. And to think it all started because you wanted an acid pop, sugar quills, and bertie botts every flavour beans."

"You didn't even know my name."

"It didn't matter, I knew the disappointment you felt from the look on your face. Knew if I could help put an end to it, I would. Just like how you, George, and Charlie helped me feel better that day." Fred looked at me with big eyes, like he was about to cry, and that would make me cry too. We just kind of stared at each other for a few seconds.

I almost forgot Oliver was in a chair next to us when he said, "So, I'll be honest when I say I completely forgot your birthday was over the break."

"Oh, no, it's fine. I won't end our friendship over it." He laughed.

"Ta-da!" George came skipping over, a turquoise and gold box in his hands. He raised it high in the air then placed it in my lap saying, "For a miss Antonia Marston, from your best best friends."

I was so happy that they thought about getting me a present when their family couldn't afford much.

"Go on, open it!"