Chapter 8: Hogsmeade Date

Oliver continued to train me since I broke my arm a few weeks ago. Thursdays at 8 PM were when he chose. We didn't talk much, but tonight he decided to.

"Charlie would be proud of all your hard work. Have you talked to him lately?" Oliver asked as I dodged a bludger.

"No, he's busy working now. He doesn't want to talk to me."

"Who wouldn't want to talk to you? You're great."

"Because I'm a good Quidditch player?"

"No. Because you're strong, and determined, and willful...a great friend...caring. Just to name a few." He was feet away from me in the air, but I could tell that he was blushing and avoiding eye contact.

"Well, thank you."

"No problem. Let's continue."

It was very late into the night when we were done. It was very dark outside and I was yawning heavily.

I yawned again as we walked up the stone steps to the castle and Oliver pulled me into him to steady me as I lost my balance.

"Tired?"

"Is it that obvious?" I joked. "I don't think I can make it up all those staircases up to the tower."

"I'll carry you."

"No, no, that's not necessary. Thank you though."

The stairs were strenuous and Oliver had to stop several times to allow me to catch up to him, despite me telling him he can go ahead without me. He wanted to talk to me, for whatever reason.

We finally reached the Fat Lady portrait. "Caput draconis," I panted, breathless. "Thank you," I said as it swung open.

I flopped into the nearest chair. "Oh, I wanted to sit next to you." But the couch was full and the twins were already rushing to either side of me.

"Oh my god, Tone. I never thought we'd see you again."

"Glad to have you back."

"We have a great prank planned on Snape. Geez, that's hard to say," Fred said.

"You need to leave Snape alone. The last thing we need is for him to hate Gryffindor even more."

"She's got a point," George said on my left while I was still looking at Fred.

"Sorry," I mouthed to Oliver, who looked upset as Fred continued to tell me all about his prank, not caring that I just told him not to follow through with it.

He shook his head silently saying, "Don't worry about it."

I ignored this, knowing he wanted to tell me something important. "Guys. Guys! Oliver was trying to talk to me before you came over here. Can you please leave so he can tell me whatever it was he wanted to say?"

"Fine. Sorry."

"Yeah, sorry."

They got up and walked to a table in the corner.

"Sorry about them. What did you want to say?"

"Well, I promised you a date if we won our game, and we won, but you haven't said anything."

"What?"

"Do you still fancy me?"

"A little," I said, not so honest. I really had a huge crush on him that I was still scared to admit.

"Good, because I have feelings for you, Toni."

I smiled a huge smile that I couldn't control. "Wait, you do?"