Chapter 12: Detention (SS CH15)

"Detention! I feel terrible."

"Why?" asked Harry.

"It was my idea that got you out of bed in the middle of the night to begin with."

"We're the ones who left the cloak on the Astronomy Tower," reasoned Hermione.

"And now it's gone," Ron groaned. We all shot him a nasty look. It was an honest mistake.

Murmurs started going around that Harry, Hermione, Neville and Draco Malfoy's (whoever they were) detention was to be served in the Forbidden Forest.

I waited outside Dumbledore's office all day to ask if this was true.

"Unfortunately, Antonia, it is. But he will be with Hagrid, and if there's someone who cares about Harry's safety almost as much as yourself, it's Hagrid." I felt better about this.

I sat with Ron in the Common Room, and we both eventually fell asleep. We woke up to Hermione shaking me and Harry shaking Ron.

Harry began to pace as he spoke. "I saw a hooded figure drinking unicorn blood. Then a centaur saved me and told me Voldemort's back."

"Don't say the name."

"Snape wants the stone for Voldemort... and Voldemort's waiting in the forest... and all this time we thought Snape just wanted to get rich..."

"Stop saying the name!" Ron said in a terrified whisper, looking around as if Voldemort could hear us.

"Firenze saved me, but he shouldn't have... Bane was furious... he was talking about interfering with what the planets say is going to happen..."

"They must show that You-Know-Who's coming back."

"Bane thinks Firenze should have let Voldemort kill me... I guess that's written in the stars as well."

I grabbed his arm and pulled him down to sit next to me. "Harry, everyone says Dumbledore's the only one You-Know-Who was ever afraid of. As long as Dumbledore's around he won't touch you," I assured. I could tell by the way his eyes softened that my words comforted him.

"And besides, who says centaurs are right? Professor McGonagall says that's a very imprecise branch of magic," Hermione said, also trying to make Harry feel better.

"Well, I'm exhausted. Goodnight," Ron exclaimed, sauntering off to the staircase.

"I'm going to bed, too." Hermione left, too.

"I'll stay up with you if you want," I offered Harry.

"No, that's okay. Thank you, though."

We walked up the stairs together and once it split off, I grabbed his arm. "You know I won't let Voldemort harm you."

He nodded awkwardly and walked off to his dorm. I let out a big sigh, wondering why I had just done that. 

I stayed awake and stared at the top of my bed the whole night. I wouldn't like if he told me that.