Chapter 23: Quidditch Practise and Name Calling (CS CH7)

I'd somehow managed to avoid the trio all week. I spent all my time with either the twins or Rian and barely sat in my common room. 

Friday at dinner, Oliver said, "Practise tomorrow at 5 AM," behind Fred, George, and I before walking away.

"5 AM, is he insane?" Fred asked.

"Are you going?" George asked me.

"I think so. If he bugs me too much tomorrow though, I'll make my mind up about quitting the team."

Fred wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him. "We'll love you no matter what."

"Thanks, guys."

I went to bed at around 8, since I'd have to wake up at 4:30.

Alicia Spinnet, a fellow Chaser for our team, woke me up the next morning. "Go on without me, I'll be there shortly," I told her.

I walked down to the common room after getting dressed in my quidditch robes. Harry was there, probably waiting for me.

"Hi," I said sweetly.

"Good morning. I heard you were thinking about quitting the team."

"I'm still debating. I'll decide after this practise."

"You think Wood is gonna have it out for you?" he asked as we started walking toward the portrait hole. 

"I hope not, but who knows. I think I-"

"Hi, Harry!" some first year boy called, rushing to walk with us.

"Sorry, Colin, I'm in a hurry- Quidditch practise."

"Oh, wow! Wait for me! I've never watched a Quidditch game before!"

"It'll be really boring," I said. This kid had too much energy and I wanted him away from me.

"Oh," he groaned. "Are you two dating?"

"Just best friends." Those words didn't feel right as I said them, but I didn't know how else to refer to Harry.

"The photo I took doesn't scream best friends." 

I stopped walking. "What picture?" He handed me a photo. It was of Harry and Spencer. It was developed so it moved. Spencer looked really happy to be next to him, and worse Harry looked happier. "Oh, that's my sister." I tried my best to act like it didn't bother me as I shoved it back into his chest and started walking again. 

"So are you dating her?" Colin asked. 

"No!" Harry said at once then awkwardly glanced at me. 

I walked faster now, wanting to get away from both of them. I heard Harry explaining how Quidditch worked to Colin.

When we reached the tent, I found Fred and wrapped my arms around his middle and leaned my head against his chest. "What's wrong?" he asked me, though not complaining about the hug.

 "I'm tired. You know I'm not a morning person." I know he could tell it was something more, but he wouldn't bring it up in front of everyone around us.

"What kept you two?" Wood asked Harry and I. "I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program, and it's going to make all the difference."

He brought out diagrams- three to be exact- of the Quidditch Pitch and started going them individually. 

Fred, who was leaning against the wall next to me, put his head on top of mine, which was pressed against his shoulder. We both fell asleep in a few seconds.