The Darkling

I felt the tears rising as I saw him stumbling out of the fold, I thought I'd lost him forever, to his own darkness, thanks to the damned Sun Summoner. But there he was, weak, but alive. And then, shadow creatures began to pull from the fold, following him, growling as they saw me. "Leave her." His command was a warning, and I stopped just in front of him, a hand reaching out and cupping his cheek. "I thought.."

"You thought wrong, my star." He placed his hand over mine, before pulling it away, "Now, where is your sister?"

"I don't know." I avoided his gaze. 

"Don't lie to me."

"I.." he cut me off by placing a hand under my chin, tilting my head back so he could look me in the eyes. "Don't you love me, Alana?"

"Of course, Ale.."

"Then tell me where she is." His grip tightened. 

"No."

"No? Very well." He let go, "Grab her." I stiffened as the creatures came closer, but just before they could reach me, I summoned my light, burning them.

Oh yeah, one tiny detail I forgot to mention, I was a sun summoner too.

"Don't touch me!" I turned on my dark general, "why?"

"I'm sorry," he sighed, "I shouldn't have done that." He walked closer, reaching out and taking my hand, before pulling me into his chest, arms trapping me close to him, "but I just can't let you go."

"Then don't. I don't care, so long as I'm with you." I looked into his eyes. 

"Love blinds you, my star." He smirked. 

"If my love is blind then so be it, I would give up my light for you." I stated. 

"You seek my approval so much that you'd give up your gift?" He asked. 

"I would do much more, think about it, you and I, the darkling and a sun summoner, we'd be.."

"Unstoppable," he cut me off, "hmm, perhaps, or perhaps you'll be tricked again." 

"I let my love for my sister cloud my judgement." I admitted, ashamed of myself. 

"Is that not what is happening right now?" He questioned. 

"No, because unlike her, you never left me behind, you were tricked, even after I swore myself to you," this time, I pulled up my sleeve, revealing the small dark swirl on my wrist, "we're marked to each other." I watched his eyes flick to his own wrist, where I knew a burn from my light remained. 

"Weakness cloaks you, Alana." He shook his head. 

"If that's what you think, then you are a fool." I responded. 

"And you.."

Before he finished the sentence, he stepped closer, grabbing me by the hair and pulling me close to him, our lips meeting hard. My hands rose, tangling themselves in his hair as I melted into it, before we finally pulled apart for air. I smirked as I met his eyes, "are mine, you are mine."

"That I am, Aleksander." I smiled. 

"Alana Stark.."

"No, I don't want that name." I stopped him. 

"Then what name do you want?" He questioned. 

"Yours." I didn't hesitate. 

"No."

"No?" 

"My name is earned, little star."

"Have I not proved myself to you?"

"You will, one day, and we shall rule together."