18 (m/s) regretful love.

Regretful love.

+++

The moon in her dappled beauty spun, ever in perfect synchrony with her heavenly companion- the stars. In the hush of deepening blue comes evening to the city, ever lit, ever awake, ever with pulsing heart. It seemed you both were yet to return to the pitiless reality you had created and instead enjoyed the precious normalcy of being together with that reality behind you. It seemed as though everyone else had disappeared and it was just the two of you.

After the little speech Osamu had professed to solidify his unspoken love for you, moreover, that, all he wanted was you, the two of you had been relaxing in your car, sharing affectionate kisses and smoking joints.

Osamu's duty was long forgotten as you were cuddled up in his arms while love songs softly played in the background.

Smiles and heartfelt laughter escaped you both without an afterthought, the sweet waft of love corroding your senses.

Was it the indica? Or was it what you both wanted on the low?

Osamu sighed, his eyes reddened due to the effect of the drugs, and his senses hazy with a feeling he'd otherwise refuse was love.

"Princess," he spoke quietly as held your face with such delicacy as if you were the most precious and sought out for.

"Yes, my love?"

He blushed.

He couldn't hide the fact that you referring to him as, your love didn't make his heart sing praises or that a smile didn't etch across his perfect lips or his eyes didn't look at you with even more fondness that he didn't know was possible— that the pride of being your love swelled in his chest just because of a few simple words.

But it was a few simple words that came out of your mouth, and he wouldn't want to hear it from anyone else- but you.

With a hoarse, desperate voice he spoke, "I- I wanna run away with ya, I wan' ya to myself, I need ya a'really do, fuck please say ya wanna run away with me too."

"'Am really in love with ya n' I wouldn't wanna be with anyone else— I know it's fast too, I only said I liked ya a little bit ago'n— uh- but please hear me out!"

His words were clear to you, clear as the night setting above your car as the droplets of rain blurred your view of Tokyo's streets. His confession was almost as quick as teenage love, though the original purity of it was never there.

The weather seemed to plead alongside him, the rain reflecting his unseen tears.

"Osamu," you responded shifting your body to face him.

"Let's do it then," you give him a cheesy thumbs up to lighten the mood, a smile etched across your lips.

And upon those same lips, Osamu's are quickly placed on yours. A volume of passion is spoken that transcends the works of the greatest poets combined, in the emotion of the kiss. In his kiss was also the promise of years of everlasting adoration and the sweetness of the arrival of his authentic love. His warm kisses trailed down your neck, the ice of his persona now melted- but only for you.

The moon illuminated your naked figures and your fingers caressed each other's skin as if afraid a heavier touch would break the heady magic.

You made love that night.

A love that solidified the bond you built; and yet a love that Osamu was sure, so sure, may end you both.

+++

"Wise men say, only fools rush in," Osamu hummed to your half-asleep figure.

"But I can't help falling in love with you," he continued as you now lay asleep on his warm, unclothed torso, wrapped in his arms.

The song progressed thus a sad aura surrounded him. He played with your hair, caressing your cheeks affectionately.

"Take my hand," he quietly hummed.

"Take my whole life too," he sighed at the thought of the lyric.

A sad smile formed on his lips as the song continued, "For I can't help falling in love with you."

He regretted everything. He wished to love you in a different circumstance where he could love you fully to no extent. Where his interest in you was authentic from beginning to end.

You were both in a love that could kill, but he'd still love you even if it costed something as precious as you.