Chapter 28

A/N - Besties this gets v explicit at the end so pls pls only read if you're over 18!!!

December 2020

The machine whirred and Olivia poured two cups of coffee for Harry and herself. The rain had now stopped, and Olivia was now feeling very excited to see the new house in person. The two shared some toast and Olivia went upstairs to get dressed. She flung her clothes around the room in a rushed manner despite having no schedule to stick to. It was the most excited she had been in weeks.

When the car pulled up to the grand house Olivia couldn't believe her eyes, it was huge. Bigger than any house she or Harry had ever lived in and Harry's car seemed to fit right in with the aesthetic, the building was huge and painted white. It looked like something you would see in a warm country while on holiday.

"Posh boy now wanna rap," Olivia said as she got out of the car, quoting JJs diss track toward Harry.

Harry rolled his eyes and threw a smirk in Olivia's direction. He stood at the door and before opening, he stood in front and stopped Olivia from walking in. He held up his hands in a similar manner to how he introduced Sidemen Sundays and spoke in the same fast-paced animated way he did when he was excited about something or trying to gain enthusiasm.

"Right. So, mum and that have started moving stuff in, so it looks a bit of a tip. BUT there's nothing in our room yet and you'll love the kitchen, oh and the garden. I love the garden" he said loudly.

"Harry I'm right here you don't have to shout" Olivia laughed.

Harry stuck both his middle fingers up at Olivia before opening the door and letting the pair in.

Olivia was awestruck, the house was huge and one of the most beautiful houses she had ever seen. Josh stood at the top of the stairs and gave a wave before disappearing to what was seemingly his room. Harry showed Olivia around and the more she saw the more she fell in love.

"It's even nicer than the pictures" she said excitedly.

Harry didn't reply, he was staring at her contentedly as if nothing could be better than this moment.

"What is it" she laughed, feeling around her face as if there were something to look at.

"You're smiling, like proper smiling. It's the first time in ages" Harry said.

Olivia screwed up her face for a minute and let out a laugh as if the realisation had just hit her "Yeah I am".

They headed out to the garden and Olivia truly couldn't believe how large it was, Harry told her about all the ideas he had for it and she laughed loudly when he got stuck on the slide. When Harry got round to showing her the chickens the previous owners had left, she had laughed so hard tears were beginning to form in the corner of her eyes, but unlike the only tears she had cried in the last while, these came from a place of happiness.

"Chickens!" she yelled.

"Pick one" Harry said nodding toward them.

"Why?" she asked.

"Just pick one" he repeated.

"Okay, that one over there" she said picking the one furthest away from them.

"That's dinner then" Harry said with a straight face, clapping his hands together.

"Harry!" Olivia said swatting him causing his face to break into a cheeky smile before directing his attention back to his feathered friends.

"You're safe. For now" he said pointing a warning finger at them.

Olivia rolled her eyes at him as the pair continued to walk through the bitter cold garden. She felt herself gaining plenty of inspiration for stories in the forest like area. Ones of fairies and mythical creatures, reverting to a childlike state, remembering the stories that her parents would read her to get to sleep, her first introduction to the world of literature, her first venture into escapism, something she would hold onto for years to come.