CHAPTER ELEVEN: THE LOUVRE PT.1

a/n this chapter is kinda short. i totally didn't procrastinate writing it all day.
.....................................................................................

the rush at the beginning
we get caught up just for a minute

......................................................................................

Karl could tell Dream didn't approve, but Dream wasn't who he was worried about.

He felt like a middle schooler. He had the biggest, cheesiest crush on Sapnap. Seconds didn't count unless they were spent with him. They hadn't even had sex yet, which was something he had figured Sapnap would demand immediately, but he didn't rush him.

A week had passed.

Once the formalities were over it was heaven. Of course they had talked through alot of stuff. Though Sapnap said he would get sober, Karl didn't exactly trust him. He spent as much as possible with him. His theory being that if they were together, he wasn't off doing drugs.

There were so many firsts for Karl. He'd never been in a proper relationship. At this point he wasn't sure if this was even considered a proper relationship. There were no labels. He figured something that major might scare Sapnap. It didn't matter to Karl, what they were didn't need a name for him to know he loved it.

Whatever they were he loved it.

Winter break was approaching rapidly. It didn't snow in California, that was something Karl missed about North Carolina. Thankfully, however, it got cold enough for him to at least wear his sweaters. They were is prized possessions. His collection was so large he had to leave some of them at home.

It was Wednesday. His last exam was yesterday, and his last day of school of school for the year was Friday. He was perfectly content sitting in a small cafe with Sapnap, on this cold morning.

"Are you going home for break," Karl sipped his coffee in a booth across from Sapnap. Though they talk all the time, Karl realized he had a very limited knowledge of Sapnap's family and home life. He knew he was from Colorado, but that was about it.

"Probably not, are you?" Karl could tell the question had made him tense.

"Uh, yeah, I was planning on it," he tried to sound comforting.

Silence grew between the two. Nick was one of the few people Karl didn't mind keeping quiet around.

"You should come with me," Karl blurted it out. His mouth remained open for a second, shocked at his own words. He was an impulsive person in general, and Sapnap only amplified that.

"I mean its just me and my mom," Karl tried to offer an explanation, "We've got plenty of room."

He sat nervous, waiting Sapnap's reply, staring at his hands to avoid making eye contact. He was terrified he'd gone too far.

Why the hell would he want to meet my mom? I'm an idiot.

Sapnap giggled, causing Karl to look up abruptly. Confused at his reaction, Karl tried to laugh along like he understood what was funny.

"North Carolina, right?" Sapnap cocked an eyebrow.

"Uh, yeah, Greenville," Karl chewed his lip.

"My dad has a cabin up there. We used to stay there some winters when I was a kid."

Karl's anxiety began to lift as he realized what Sapnap was implying.

"Wanna go away for the weekend, Jacobs," Nick's smirk was ear to ear.