Icy Eyes, Icy Hearts #1

NOTE: While you are reading this you may find that instead of using "I" , I have used "You". When I first wrote the story it was for the reader to use themselves as a character.

Hello all. I am new to this site and fell in love with it quickly! I have read so many great stories on here so I wanted to join in the fun. I started writting this story back in 2005. You may be wondering why it still isn't done, let's just say I ran into many personal and general road blocks. I have many stories that I can post so if you like this let me know and I would be happy to post them:)

Note, this story does not follow the normal time line of the Harry Potter books and i'm sorry for that. As this story has developed it has been through many changes trying to make it fit. Comments are always welcome and CONSTRUCTIVE remarks are welcome as well. If you have a story you would like me to read please let me know I would be happy to read them. Thank you and happy reading.

************************************************************************************* 

 Information on Character

Name: Alora Derch

Age: 15

Looks: Long black hair, Ocean blue eyes that change colours depending on your mood. 5'6 in height, 135lbs with a tanned athletic body.

Parents and Siblings: Father, Quentin, works in the Ministry of Magic with your mother, Antigone. Two brothers, older brother James is 3 years 18 while younger brother Arbor is 11.

Moved from England to Canada when you were 8 years old, because your family wanted a change of scenery. However your parents have decided to move the family back to England. For the past 4 years you have been a student at Dufrensne Dunahy School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In Canada you obtain your apparition license at 12 so you are already well adjusted to it. As of this school year you will attending Hogwarts. Your family is pure-blood and VERY proud of it. However in Canada you had quite a few half-blood and muggle born friends. Your family is close friends with another pure-blood family, the Malfoys Their son Draco and you used to be good friends but that is not the case now. You had not seen him in over 3 years.

Chapter 1

"Alora!" I heard my name but I kept on dreaming. It was too good a dream to answer the voice that haunted my dreams. "Alora! I will not tell you again young lady. Wake up before I curse you up!" Yup that did it and now I wasn't happy. "For Merlin's sake mother I'm up!" I screamed sitting up and throwing the blanket's off me. It was the weekend in the summer, what the hell did I need to be up for. The last thing I wanted to do was be awake at this time. I thought summer was for sleeping in, I thought as I looked over at the clock as it blinked 6:15am. "Aww does someone not want to wake up?" a voice said from behind the door. "James I swear piss off before I hex you to the end of the world." My older brother James laughed as he opened the door and a pillow went flying into my face. "James! Sod off!" I screamed, throwing the pillow unto the bed.

He continued to laugh as he turned his head back to the hall. "Oi Arbor. It seems Alora needs a little help getting out of bed. "James don't you dare" I warned. All of a sudden an ambush of water guns and water balloons came flying into the room, my brother behind them all. I screamed in horror as they reined their attack full force onto me. Before I knew it my bed and myself were soaked right through. Finally they stopped, which gave me time to wipe my eyes and try to get the water out of my ears. "Bloody hell, you fucking little bastards. I swear to Merlin himself I have never hated anyone as much as I fucking hate you both. I swear I will..."

As I spoke I heard someone clear their throat. I opened my eyes and to my horror, my father Quentin stood at my door arms crossed. He did not look happy what so ever.

"What is this foolishness Alora?!"

"What do you mean Alora? Like seriously it was James and Arbor too, don't just blame me! Like fuck, I mean damn, I mean MERLIN!"

"Honestly and I thought you were the responsible one! Do you not realize what today is. Apparently not instead of getting up and packing your things you have decided to sit in bed and play like a stupid child with your brothers! Now get dressed and get this sty cleaned up before I clean it up for you. And trust me all of you! You do not want me to clean it up!" He glared one last time before storming off.

"Holy shit he's pissed." Arbor whispered.

"I'd say. Damn Lora way to go." James laughs.

"Don't even James. Don't even go there. Help me get this shit dried before he comes back."

Within minutes my room and the hallway were dried and my brothers had gone to pack their things.

See here's the thing, my family was making a big move back to England, where we were originally from. It had been a last minute thing, but to be honest, I had forgotten that it was today, opps my bad.

Before cleaning and packing I decided to take a nice hot shower. I was lucky to have my own bathroom attached to my room so I didn't need to worry about anyone walking in. I gave a quick flick of my wand and my bathroom stereo started to play the Bowling For Soup Cd I had made the night before. Jumping into the steaming shower I started to relax. Twenty minutes later I wrapped a towel around myself and made my way back to my room. As I opened the door I stopped in shock as I noticed someone sitting on my bed with their back to me. From the back all I could see was blond hair and broad shoulders. He looked tall and muscular.

"Um excuse me but what the hell are you doing in my room? And who the hell are you?"

The boy turned to me and I gasped as I saw his eyes. They were a beautiful ice blue.

Damn he's sexy, I thought to myself.

"Well, well you've grown up quite a bit since I saw you last. Which was what Alora, 3 years or so ago?" the boy said in a cool English accent. I noticed his eyes wander across my toweled body, so I tightened it around myself. I thought about what he had said when all of a sudden it hit me, I knew this boy, I knew him well. My stomach lurched and my heart began to beat as fast as the wings of  Snitch.