Icy Eyes, Icy Hearts #20

IT HAS BEEN 7 MONTHS SINCE I LAST WROTE A CHAPTER AND I AM SO SORRY! I started college so things got a little crazy, but I have this chapter and another to put up tonight so please enjoy and I am sorry again. Comments are always welcome.

Chapter 20

The warm sun beat down on my skin as I rolled over in bed.

“Worst dream ever” I said aloud.

“It wasn’t a dream, trust me.” A voice answered beside me.

“Draco!? What are you doing in my bed?” I yelped bolting up. Before he could answer I noticed I was still in my dress from what must have been the night before and Draco was still in his dress robes.

“Don’t worry Lora I just woke up and came to check on you.” He laughed moving a piece of stray hair from my eyes.

“Check on me? I’m guessing last night really happened then?”

“Look for yourself.” He said curtly rolling up his left sleeve. My heart caught in my throat as I saw the fresh black ink in the form of a skull and snake tattooed onto his forearm. Without a word I looked at my arm to see the matching symbol.

“It hurt so much” I whispered, remembering the way my skin burnt.

“I heard you scream.” Draco said taking my hands in his. “I was down and out but I heard you scream. It was horrible. All I wanted to do was help you but I couldn’t. I’m sorry.”

“Why are you sorry? This isn’t your fault. It is no one’s fault. This is who we are Draco. Who are parents were and still are.” I heard myself not believing I was actually saying it. “But what do we do now?”

“We wait until The Dark Lord calls on us to do something I guess.”

“Draco?”

“Hmm”

“I need a shower.” I laughed pointing down at my wrinkled dress.

“Ha ha. Yes you do smelly.” He laughed pushing me back into the pillows.

“Hey I don’t smell!” I insisted with a humph.

Draco got up off the bed and made for the door, “You’re right, you don’t smell. You stink!” he said before sticking his tongue out. I threw a pillow at the closing door and giggled as I made my way to the bathroom.

            “Wow Lora way to be forever in the shower. I’m starving and being the awesomeness that I am I was waiting for you. I could have died you know.” Draco smirked as I walked into the kitchen still drying my hair. With a flick of my wrist I threw the wet towel, hitting him right in the face.

“Well sorry Mister Malfoy, I’m a girl and it takes me longer to shower.”

“I have never understood why. Like seriously jump in, wash hair, lather up, wash off and get out.”

“Yeah not that simple Hun.’ I rolled my eyes. “There is more hair to wash for one. Then we need to shave our legs and under…”

“Ok ok I get it! Enough. I so don’t want to hear about your shaving tasks.” He shivered.

“Yeah well you know it takes a lot of work to keep this body beautiful.”

“And you do a damn good job’ he winked.

As we sat eating breakfast we made plans for the Slytherin party that was to take place that weekend. It was going to be a huge formal affair but only for those in the Slytherin House. Draco seemed excited to introduce me to everyone from his house at school. Myself I was nervous and really not too happy to learn that Pansy would be showing up. I argued with Draco for what seemed like forever until I finally gave up.