13. something new

a/N - hi again. this cute image is from Pinterest, which has no relation to this chapter. Anyways please read the note at the end:)

~~~

later that same night

Despite feeling tired and sluggish during his evening with Fiona, Felix found himself unable to fall asleep in his own bed. He tossed and turned in his bed for what seemed like hours until he finally slammed his hands on his bed in frustration.

"Claws out."

He grunted as a bright green flash engulfed him, transforming him into his alter ego Chat Noir. He instantly perked up and escaped through his bedroom window. He began to jump onto the nearby rooftops, taking in the breeze that ran past his body. Chat Noir abruptly paused as he saw his trusted partner Ladybug sitting on a roof up ahead.

"What is a lovely lady like you doing all alone on a night like this?"

Chat Noir brushed behind her, instantly sending shivers down her body. Ladybug playfully shoved him as he sat next to her on the roof.

"You know, just taking in this lovely cold night."

Ladybug spoke, waving her feet down at the ground and smiling up at the sky. Chat Noir began to hum a tune, trying to catch his partner's attention once again. It didn't work, she just kept the silence between them as she tried to enjoy the view in front of them. Chat Noir leaned on Ladybug, crescendoing his hum louder as he did so.

"How was your day, Chat?"

Ladybug finally snapped, throwing her hands in the air in defeat. Chat Noir dramatically sighed, throwing himself back onto the roof lightly.

"Well, you know me. I go wherever life takes me. And today life took me to a movie theatre with a friend."

He put his hands on his head, looking up at the stars above. Ladybug rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Oh, poor thing. Your friend must've been suffering the entire time if they had to go anywhere with you."

She witted. Chat Noir didn't laugh or chuckle at her lousy attempt like usual. Instead, he kept his eyes on the sky and remained silent. Ladybug took notice after a while and slowly laid beside him, trying to configure the right words to say.

"Chat. I didn't mean it."

Ladybug looked over at her partner, but he refused to meet eyes. Instead, he kept his eyes on the stars, concentrated on the different sizes and amounts there were.

"No worries."

Chat Noir turned his head back up to the stars and sighed. The two superheroes laid in awkward silence, neither knowing how to proceed with the conversation.

"So. Do you hang out with this friend often?"

Ladybug asked. The corner of his mouth slightly twitched upwards at the question, he soon felt his stomach instantly flutter at the new profound thought.

"Oh, so they are more than a friend. I see."

Ladybug teased, laying on her side towards her partner. Chat Noir nodded, unknowingly smiling at the thought. He had not realized what she had said, Ladybug continued to awe at him.

"Wait what. No. She's just a friend."

His cheeks flared up in pink, causing Ladybug to poke at her partner in excitement. Chat caught her hands and stared at her blankly in the eyes.