𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼 𓁹『𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝙸𝚗 𝙰 𝙻𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚋𝚢』

Summary

You decide to learn more about Seven through a small conversation, but his strange reaction forces the conversation to stop midway. Besides, Mono and Seven don't seem to like each other very much...

__________

You ponder for a few seconds and then turn around and say to Mono, "Mono, I'd like to talk to Seven privately... If you don't mind."

You don't think it's a good idea to have Mono standing to the side, so you say as you point down the hallway, "You can go to the room at the end of this way to rest while you wait for us. It's a room with cupboards full of utensils, where there's no the Patients or creepy hands, and it's very safe, I can assure you."

Mono frowned, the look in his eyes as he looked at you like you'd just made some stupid decision, "Is there something wrong with your head? You don't even know who he is and what his purpose is."

Mono looked at Seven with an unkind expression, "I don't trust this kid."

"I-I don't need you to believe me either." Seven feels extremely uncomfortable when being suspected, "I just need (______) to trust me."

"Oh? On what basis do you think they'll trust you? Someone's overconfident." Mono crossed his arms and spoke in a provocative voice.

You rub your forehead and sigh wearily, knowing you need to keep this argument from getting any further if you don't want both boys to get into a fight. Seven seems like a soft boy, but when he was insulted to his honor, you can't be sure that Seven can still maintain his composure.

"Come on both of you! We're not enemies, why do we have to fight internally? Our real enemies are the monsters out there!" You interrupt a conversation that is slowly turning into an argument, well... For the second time.

"Calm down, Mono." You reach out and push Mono away from the boy in the blue shirt, then you look at Seven and say the last part, "You too Seven, please calm down."

"Sorry..." Seven took a step back and stammered apologizing, his anger dissipating as quickly as when it exploded.

Mono still stares at Seven with high alert, but he knows you're stubborn (and stupid), so Mono just snorts before turning his head away, "If anything happens, don't beg for my help."

"I can take care of myself, and if I'm really in danger, it's all my fault so you don't have to care." You laugh, not angry at Mono's attitude, to be honest, you have gradually gotten used to this teenager's erratic temperament.

Mono didn't answer you, he bent down to pick up the fuse and paper bag of food from the floor, then he went straight to the room you said. Mono doesn't even look back at you and Seven, he won't interfere if that's your will.

After seeing Mono disappearing at the turn, you turn your head to look at Seven with an apologetic expression.

"I apologize for Mono's somewhat rude actions and words." You know what Mono says can hurt Seven, you don't want these two kids to be prejudiced against each other because of a minute of impulse.

"Why do you have to apologize?" Seven confusedly tilted his head, "The one in the wrong here is him, not y-you."

You slowly shake your head, "Well... Now Mono is my companion, if he does something wrong, I feel I should be the one to stop it and help Mono deal with the consequences if necessary." You shrug, "Mono definitely won't take the initiative to admit it's wrong."