𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼 𓁹『𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚟𝚒𝚕 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗』

Summary

You put so much hope and faith in Mono that you let him handle a difficult task alone, you can't imagine that you will regret what you did...

☆《Notes》☆

- Luckily I finished chapter 16 in time before the year 2022! It's still too late to say Merry Christmas... ()

Anyway... Wishing you and all of your loved ones health and happiness in the new year! (୨୧•͈ᴗ•͈)◞︎ᶫᵒᵛᵉ

________________

This room is amazingly large, everything is clean and tidy. In the center of the room is a giant tank with super thick glass that you're pretty sure is bulletproof glass or something like that. The tank was filled with pale blue liquid, a brain floating inside with tangled wires attached to it, connected to devices above the ceiling.

Mono's first reaction was to raise his head to look around the room, have silently marked the locations of the security cameras, then he announced in a low voice to you and Seven, "They're all inactive. The electricity of this entire area seems to be used to maintain the machinery attached to the brain."

In the room there are also many smaller sized tanks, the number must be up to dozens, inside there are naked women soaked in a thick blue solution. Their bodies weren't deformed like the monsters you usually see, looking like they were just completely normal people. But the reason you know they are unusual is because of their similarity. All these women have the same face, every part of the body from top to bottom is not different. That makes you feel really creepy.

"What am I seeing?" Seven blinked a few times as if he thought he was in some wild dream.

"... What you're seeing is cloning technology. In the past, it was also called the Phoenix Project." You whispered with a mocking smile on your face, "Arguably this is the most useful thing the Mares has learned."

Looking to the right of the room, it's a large area with a variety of modern machines in operation, to your knowledge, you know they are used to monitor the condition and maintain the life of the clones inside the tanks, including the Wisdom.

The wall opposite the door is a row of elevators numbered from A to D. The other wall is where there are many iron shelves, on the shelves all kinds of specimens soaked in formalin solution. All of that combined with the flickering lights on the ceiling makes you think of a mad scientist's lab.

You take your attention away from the cloned women and look at the brain in the tank, beginning to ponder how to retrieve this piece.

You touch the glass of the tank, feel the cold transmission from the fingertips. Slowly withdrawing your hand, you sigh, "He's sleeping."

All of the shards refused to submit to the Mares, the creatures they themselves despised and hated, so they fought back. However, because they were confined in the Vessels, they were completely passive in this situation and were unable to escape the Mares. The only way they can prevent the Mares from taking advantage of their powers is to fall asleep, just like the Wisdom is now.

"Is this good or bad?" Mono crossed his arms and asked you.

"Bad. Since I can't communicate with him, I can't convince the Wisdom to return to the Core." You crane your neck to look at the brain for a few seconds, then you shrug your shoulders helplessly, "The only solution I can think of is to destroy the Vessel, then the Wisdom will be sucked back to the Core."