𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽 𓁹『𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐』

Summary

You comfort Mono and pull him out of the hysteria.

☆《Notes》☆

- From the next chapter will officially begin the main content. It took me 7 chapters to introduce the characters ( ˘̩˘̩)

__________

You remember that Mono is probably very tired, and maybe he doesn't like the noise, even though the sound from your music box isn't really that loud, but you're pretty sure Mono can hear it clearly. With that in mind, you shyly close the pocket watch lid, "If you're feeling too loud, then I'll turn it off."

"Sorry, Seven..." You turn to Seven with an apologetic look, but the blue shirt boy just shaked his head and smiled understandingly, indicated that there's nothing wrong with that.

You're right next to him anyway, Seven can still sleep if he knows you're near him, the music box doesn't matter if it doesn't.

The problem is Mono... Seven glanced at Mono, who was biting his lip and still glued to the pocket watch in your hand. Seven wonders what caused Mono's backlash to the song. Seven knows very well what the expression on Mono's face is right now, because he himself often has the same expression whenever he reminisces about horrible things in the past.

That is the purest fear. It was a hatred as deep as it was ingrained in every cell.

Why is he afraid of that song? Seven wondered, but he knew no one would answer his question, not even you knowing why.

Mono quickly took a step back as you closed the pocket watch lid, as if he had just woken up from a nightmare. Mono's forehead was covered with cold sweat, his face was as white as paper while his limbs were shaking.

"Mono, is something wrong?" You slowly stood up and carefully approached Mono. You realized something was wrong with Mono, his reaction look like he was facing the most terrifying monster in the world.

As soon as you've taken a step forward, Mono immediately jumps back, as if he's just now discovered the existence of you and Seven. Seven thinks Mono is about to attack, so he stands up and is ready to fight back at any moment. But instead of jumping at the two of you, Mono grabbed his hairs tightly, he glared at you and Seven warily. The way Mono reacted like you two were monsters about to rush in to devour him.

Mono growls menacingly at you and Seven, but you're not afraid of Mono, not at all. In your eyes he's just like a wounded animal, he is completely defenseless and can only use roars to intimidate opponents. Mono tracks your every move and reaction, he is ready to hit you back at any moment if you dare approach. You furrowed your brows when you saw Mono do so. You've never seen Mono look so wary and scared, even the first time the two met, Mono was just surprised.

Yes, Mono is scared. You know he's scared. That's why you're not afraid of Mono. A kid drowning in his fears is not a threat to you.

You don't know what Mono has been through, but he seems to be obsessed with something. The way Mono reacted was like he was seeing some... hallucination.