Chapter 10

-Morgan's Pov-

This can't be right. This just can't. Sitting across from me are Garrick Robinson and Brandon Wood. They can't be the GSAA agents.

Why them? Three guys we just happen to know from school show up and reveal themselves as agents. There's so many other people more qualified. Monkeys for example. They're probably better than they are.

I'm barely allowed access to see the mission report. How likely is it that any of them have this level of clearance? Sage is, of course, authorized for most things at TSA, but these guys? No way.

I finally receive a high level mission, and I have to share it with these idiots. This isn't fair! It could also jeopardize the mission if we're all fighting.

They're sitting in suits, looking slightly confused and anxious. At least I'm not the only one. Also, were we supposed to dress up? Clara and I are still in our school clothes. I mean, we look presentable but not at all like the level 5 agents we are.

Brandon of course looks handsome. He's just got that old movie star handsome face and broad shoulders. No wonder Clara is head over heels for him.

Either they've already been let in on the secret of working with us or they're really good at hiding their surprise, because they don't react when they see us.

"We're just waiting on our two mission leaders."

"They should be here any minute, director," Clara informs her and sits down.

"Dmitri, I do have a suggestion. Two mission leaders seems excessive. I offer Agent Winters to lead this team."

"I agree with two being excessive, Vanessa, but I would prefer Agent Frost take charge."

"He has many accomplishments, but his skills aren't as finely tuned as Agent Winters'."

"Mom and Dad are fighting," Clara whispers to me. I muffle a giggle, which only Clara, Brandon, and Garrick notice. Director Song and Melody are too wrapped up in their passive aggressive argument to notice.

"I'll prove it." Director Melody aggressively picks up the remote sitting on the conference table. She turns on the TV and logs into the archive to find the recording from the training room, showing Isaac almost dying and Sage saving him. I have to hand it to the director. She knows what she's doing. I'm sure in some way she planned all that.

Director Song's jaw tightens. Brandon and Garrick have a mix of shock and laughter on their faces.

"I'm sure our clients would want the best candidate for this job." Director Melody turns off the recording

"Fine, Vanessa, Agent Winters will be sole mission leader, but if anything goes wrong, you will be the one to blame."

Harsh. Sage is an amazing agent, but Director Song seems like the sabotaging type. We'll have to keep watch for anything suspicious.

Speak of the devil, the door opens and in walks Sage with Isaac trailing behind her, pouting. Just wait until he hears he lost a leadership position.

Sage takes her normal position next to Director Melody's designated chair with Isaac sitting down opposite of her, next to Director Song.

A disdainful looking woman enters. The directors greet her as Ms. Gilderoy. I hope we don't have to work with her too.

"Now that everyone's here, let's begin." Director Melody accesses the mission report, displaying it holographically on the table in front of us.

"TSA and GSAA have been contracted for a quick one part assignment. Agent Winters will solely lead the mission."

"But what about—" Isaac starts to protest but a gesture from Director Song silences him.