Chapter 40

~Sage's Pov~

I tried to change Will's mind, but it didn't work.

What am I going to do?

I just have to be confident in my skills. I mean, I can take down everyone else. Why not him?

I can do this. I have to do this.

Will starts shooting black magic at me. I dodge, but don't shoot back yet. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I killed him. He might be like Isaac was. Just under a spell.

It repeats for about an hour. Shoot, dodge, shoot back, wait, shoot, dodge, shoot back, wait.

I'm so tired, but I can't stop.He'll hurt Clara, Morgan, the boys, and Isaac.I won't let that happen.They're my family. Funny. They were once our rival agency, our bullies, and now.

Now I have been engaged, married to, nearly killed, and almost dated Isaac.
The boys are family now.

A line from a good movie says, "Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten." I agree.
I will never stop fighting to protect them.

I glance back at Clara. She has managed to get one hand free. Isaac is beside her on the ground. He doesn't look good. Fighting Pitch must have taken more out of him than I thought. Morgan twitches a little, but Brandon and Garrick are still not moving. I'm pretty sure they're okay. Brandon can take a hit. Garrick...well let's just hope he's tougher than he looks.

Will looks tired. I can't go too much longer.

"If you stop, I will too," he says.
"Alright. One, two, three," I say and stop.

I hope I made a good decision. I'm suddenly on the ground. Clara gasps and Isaac's face turns red.

"Love and goodness can't get you everything," he says with his foot on my throat.

I hear a click as he presses something, but I don't have time to think about it.

"Really? If that were true, I couldn't do this!" I say and kick his other leg. He falls and I quickly pin him to the ground with a big pile of ice and snow.

"They're my family. I fight, because I love them," I say, "I will never stop fighting you to protect them. They mean everything to me."

He's quiet for a minute.

"I see what you mean. It must be nice to have someone who loves you and has your back," he says, "If you let me go I'll stop."

I don't know what to do. Last time he tricked me. This time, I don't know. I look at Isaac and Clara. They nod. Well, here goes nothing. I melt the ice and he gets up.

"Winters, Frost, everyone else, I'm sorry for everything. I was blinded by grief. Please don't kill me," he says, and I'm sort of shocked.

I expected him to come at me again. I guess people really do change. He undoes the power holding Clara to the wall. She falls, but Isaac catches her. He seems to have regained most of his strength. Morgan wakes up and so do Garrick and Brandon.

"Hey, why are you holding my girlfriend?" Brandon asks, glaring at Isaac.

"Would you rather her be on the floor with a concussion?" Isaac replies, setting Clara down. Brandon stops glaring.

Isaac walks over to me and picks me up bridal style. He starts spinning me around, and I laugh.

"You're okay!" He says, laughing.

"Don't trust my skills?" I question trying to look serious, but failing. He kisses my cheek.

Suddenly, Will pales and says, "I hate to break up the honeymoon, but..."