Chapter 11

-Morgan-

"Any team building exercises anyone wants to volunteer?" Sage lounges on the couch, while the rest of us are sprawled out on the floor. Meanwhile, Garrick is trying to finish his entire salmon. It's not going well.

"Trust falls?" I volunteer.

"Veto," Isaac calls from his position on the ground.

"Truth or dare?" Clara suggests.

"Are we in third grade?" Garrick takes a second from his battle to scrunch his face up in disgust. If anyone should be disgusted, it's us, not him.

"Nice try, Clare, but it is a little young for us." Sage is being very encouraging tonight, not at all like her normal sarcastic self.

"Wait, why don't you want to play so badly?" Isaac suddenly sits up intrigued. "Too many secrets to hide?"

"If you all want to play, I'm game. Give me your best shot, darling." She puts her empty plate on the table and leans back amused.

He's going to eat those words. Every time we've ever played truth or dare Sage has been able to worm her way out of revealing any secrets. She, on the other hand, has solved many household crimes (who didn't take the trash out, left crumbs everywhere, etc.) during our games.

I guess it's better to be safe than sorry, because Clara starts the game.

"Okay, I'll go first," Clara says, "Sage, truth or dare?" Clara and I both know what she's going to pick.

"Truth." Sometimes truth is more dangerous with Sage than dare. She knows way too many international secrets to not be a security risk and she can do almost anything and make it look graceful.

"I know how this goes! You're going to choose truth every time to get out of doing anything embarrassing. Someone pull up one of those spinner wheels that chooses for you!" Isaac demands. Brandon and Garrick both roll their eyes. My guess is that this isn't the first time.

"Drama queen," Sage mutters under her breath.

Brandon has the app up in under a minute. He spins it for Isaac to watch. It lands on truth, and Sage rolls her eyes.

"What is your most embarrassing moment on a mission?" Clara asks her. She's never going to actually tell us her real one. She would never, especially in front the guys.

"Probably when Morgan was lowering me down on a rope and dropped me. I tripped the alarm and landed face first. Then the guards came, and I didn't have enough bullets to take them all out, so I grabbed the closest thing. It was a giant candy cane." She says it nonchalantly enough that the whole thing doesn't seem that embarrassing when in reality she was beet red and cursing the entire time.

"A candy cane?" Brandon asks amused.

"It was a Christmas decoration in the office. Then glitter and confetti started raining down from the ceiling. Apparently, there was a Christmas party the next day. By the time I left, I was covered in glitter and pine needles from getting pushed into a tree." She pouts. "No thanks to Clara or Morgan."

Clara brings her hands to her face in mock offense, "Do you want me to mention the monkey incident?"

"Monkey in-" Isaac starts but gets cut off. It's probably better that way. It was terrible, and we're not allowed to talk about it, or we have to sleep outside for two nights.

"Brandon, truth or dare?" Sage asks quickly to take attention off of herself.

He spins the wheel again. If only Isaac could be less of a drama queen. I thought Clara was bad, but she's not even close to Isaac's level.