A Canteen Confession

Ron's PoV

Later that dismissal, I wasn't able to get in touch with the group. But I did see Omar. His black curly hair still resembled a nicely trimmed bush, though I noticed that his forehead was already being covered by thing strands of his curls, enough to go against the school's rules of appearances, and I might that his hair looked my old bush hairstyle from when I moved here two years ago.

"Hey," I called.

"Oh hey, Ron!" Omar enthusiastically responded.

We hugged and I  gestured to walk.

"So, how are you?" I asked.

"I thought they'd just cut the classes for today," Omar brought up, "You know, for us to deal with the trauma," he paused for a second before glancing on his right, from his more worn down look and it eventually shifted to a more cheery look, "Thank goodness Raven bolt saved us."

I let out a loud laugh, stretched my arm to pat him at the back, We went to the canteen, bought a few snacks and headed to one of the metal seats on the otherside.

We sat down, wind brisk against us as we sat down to the seats of opposite sides so we could see each other face to face. Omar placed his snack at the green table lined with metal.

"Hey since your classroom was destroyed, where did 8F stay for their classes?" I asked him.

He picked up three cheese-powdered french fries and stuffed it in his mouth, "Well, most of the 8F were recruited by Maria so there were about ten students left, all of whom were just spread to the other sections," he explained, "I got to be in 8D."

The clouds began to turn dark and eventually, it let raindrops fall down.

I took a piece of fries from him and shoved it down my mouth, "Don't mind me," I gleefully 

"So how was your day?" he asked.

He could tell I was holding a smile. I let out a high-pitched piercing squeal while having the biggest smile on my face, I smacked my hand to the table, "Om, I think I have a big crush on someone!" I exclaimed.

He took a sip from his shake, as he slurped, he kind of gestured for me to keep talking, I blurted out, "I'm weak at this point Om, but I feel like I overlooked some things, I just know that she is someone special to me and I'm just scared...that I'm not good enough for her." "Who is this mystery gal?" he asked me.

"Jelli," I happily told him, He was now the one trying to hold a laugh, I smiled and gestured at him, "Go ahead, make fun of me."

He slurped and chuckled, "No Ron, I'm happy for you, it's just that," he gleefully responded and pointed at the person behind me. I found myself gazing at a river flowing black hair tied to a ponytail, I quickly realized that it was Jelli. I should have ran away like any boy should do but decided to tell Omar how I feel about Jelli literally behind her back.

A pink tinge developed across my face and I just started talking, "Look if people say we shouldn't be together, saying that we're too young to know about forever well I say they don't know what they're talking about, because this love is only getting stronger and I don't want to wait any longer, I really just want to gather the confidence and tell her that I'm truly deeply madly in love with her, it seems like were perfectly entwined, like branches on the tree or twigs caught in a vine," I gasped for a deep breath, "I don't know Om but whenever I'm near her I feel like my heart is beating quicker than I could run, When I was blind, she was the only one I could see. I would bring her breakfast in bed, wake her up with love words that I have yet to say, and I'll try my best to pretend like it is no big deal."