By the pool campfire talk

Ron's PoV

As the night darkened, we gathered over the roofed area of the pool. Annalie's mom had suggested to put up a garden and I already made arrangements on the left side of the yard. Plus the right side was for us to run around.

We sat around a circular rattan couch with light pink cushions. In front of us was a rattan table with a slab of acacia as the top. Ahead of that was a firepit-table made of quartz

Arvin and Armando moved a couple of planks of wood at the quartz block. And I shot a few sparks to light it up. Soon after, a fire was born. As the flames grew, I felt my powers slowly fading out for the time being as I sat by the fire though I wasn't much bothered. I closed and opened my hands in the same way I would whenever I would shoot out electricity from my palm.

The rest of the group gathered around, my kinder sister sat by my best friend while my more teasing sister sat beside me. Arvin and Armando sat together.

"Care for some group sharing?" Armando asked.

"You start," I told him while waving my arm in his direction, "Speak your wisdom."

"Well, during our fight with Maria... something crossed my mind," Armando spoke up.

"Was it a fist to the head?" Mally teased.

"No... the battle itself..." Armando corrected, "It's just that I felt like," he paused and looked up to the starry night, "The battle was a symptom of an old cycle of violence."

"Cycle?" I repeated

"The last one is true," My sister noted, "Mom told me that The Scisces and Selrius had quite an unpleasant history."

"Exactly, And we just contributed to that violent cycle," Armando scolded, "As I see it... nothing could truly be achieved with brute force that could last a long time, there has to be a more peaceful way."

"Need I remind you that we won when I literally zapped my ex with a lightning bolt from the sky," I brought up, "So... brute force works!"

"And that same brute force lead to your people here," Armando replied, "With the same powers your people used to fight the Selrius."

"I'm pretty sure they had tactics when fighting," Miles commented.

"Oh just a bit of nitpick, the whole power blessing was just given during the first war when the sources were created," Annalie corrected, "And now as a means of protection."

"Moreover, you know how I got my powers?" I asked, my voice became intense, "Both times, they arrived when I was ambushed, when I was vulnerable to the point I could have broke down but I couldn't... because I was hunted down, if only you knew that feeling that you.." my voice cracked, flashes of my memories came running towards me, I built up the courage to keep speaking, "You have to run away, you're no longer safe... you're alone with only powers as rewards for having..." that painful feeling once again swept through me, I couldn't muster a single word, just... a tear that I wiped off, my sisters patted me in the back.

"It's okay Ron, let it out," Annalie softly assured.

"I WAS ALONE!" I screamed, heartbroken that only now has that feeling showed up... tears began to flood my face, "The Selrius took the life from me, I would always feel hunted, even when I had powers, I still couldn't get back the life I once had... But I try my best to not let my powers define me, to not be so dependant and just be a spoiled boy with powers," I set my eyes at my palm where most of the electricity would shoot from, "It's what do with them... that defines me," I glanced down to the pavement, "Then I'm sorry if I'm still fighting the age-old fight but now in a new battlefield, I'm just trying to survive."