19- Nathaniel on fire

___
A/n-
You are all so damn nice and supportive I swear I might just find out where you live and hug the heck out of ya. Thank you so much for all the amazing feedback!! <3 much love -3-
___

Some weeks passed and slowly, very slowly, I was getting over my crush. I didn't want to give credit to my mom but it was true that not seeing him was helping. In fact, I used the time at home to practice my guitar more. In school I'd chat with Juleka during class, eat with Nathaniel and Marc at lunch time and then at home I'd practice my guitar and occasionally watch some series on my phone. It wasn't a perfect routine but it was a start. Though I did miss the band practices, Rosa and the others understood why my mom was being so protective.

One particular morning, Juleka seemed happier than usual. I smiled looking at her fidget with her fingers and humming a nice melody. She noticed me looking at her and stopped right away, blushing embarrassed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to stare" I apologized quickly.

"It's fine... I'm just really excited about next weekend"

"Next weekend?" I went through my mental calendar to see if it was anyone's birthday.

"The mayor is hosting a party and Kitty section is going to play in it!" She smiled brightly, she could barely contain all of her excitement.

"That's so cool!" I stared at her, waiting for more information.

"It's a bit fancy but he said he wanted us to play either way. It's an open party for anyone that wants, you should go!" She coughed quietly, realising how loudly she was talking. "That is, if you want of course."

"Obviously! When and where?" I took out my phone to write down the details.

"Saturday at Chloe's house, it starts at 6pm."

"I'll be there" I wrote down everything.

"Oh, and make sure to wear something formal"

"Oh?" I looked up to her.

"It's one of the rules I think ..."

"Hehe, this is going to be fun" I smiled to her. She smiled back.

During lunch, I mentioned it briefly to Nathaniel and Marc. Apparently, the party was common knowledge. Nearly everyone in the class was going.

"How did you convince your mother to let you go?" Nathaniel tilted his head.

"Right.... Forgot about that..." I died a bit inside remembering that I still had to ask the boss if I could have a free day. The boys laughed a bit at my reaction.

"You've been stuck at home for so long, she has to let you go" Marc tried to cheer me up, and honestly, he had a point. I had been the most obedient son anyone could ask for. Letting me go to a little party one Saturday was nothing.

"She better let me or I will rebel and run away from home!" I got up from my seat and held my sandwich in my hand as if it was a sword.

"I'll hide you in my basement so the cops don't find you. Occasionally throwing you some croissants so you don't starve" Nathaniel joked while taking a bite of his chocolate croissant. I bowed grateful to my loyal friend.

"And I will... Hum..." Marc looked to the ceiling trying to think of what more he could offer to a runaway rebel living in a basement.

"A bucket to pee in!" Nathaniel said.

"Wait, I lost my bathroom privileges? Really?" I complained jokingly. Nathaniel shook his head and then looked at me with a serious expression.

"Rebels don't use bathrooms, they use buckets"