Chapter 33

I woke up the next morning Courtney and Bethany moving around the room trying to make as little noise as possible. 

"Should we try and get her up for class?" Bethany asked.

"No you idiot. She needs to rest today. I'm sure the professors will understand, if Snape hasn't already told them about what happened. They're probably assuming she's not coming. Now let's go." Courtney scolded her quietly. Bethany started to grumble under her breathe but I heard them leave out the door quietly with a click behind them. I sighed as I sat up pulling the drapes from around bed. I stared down at my hands as fresh tears started to go down my cheeks. I rubbed at my cheeks to wipe them away. I wished I could stop crying already. I rolled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom quietly. The cold tile against my feet was a nice cooling feel to how hot I felt. I turned to look at myself in the mirror. My eyes were blood-shot and for some reason my whole face was flushed. I just sighed and splashed some cold water on my face. I brushed my teeth quickly before looking at myself again in the mirror. I sighed as I braced my hands on the rim around the skin and stared at myself in the mirror. 

"Come on pull it together. You can't look like this when you visit him." I whispered as I went to splash more water onto my face. The cold water was refreshing. I wiped my face off with a towel and walked back out to the main room. I heard a knock at the door before the knob turned and Blaise stuck his head through the gap. 

"Morning." He said.

"Morning." I murmured. 

"Can I come in?" He asked. I nodded. He walked in and closed the door behind him quietly. 

"What's up?" I asked as I sat down on the edge of my bed.  He studied me for a brief moment and I glanced down at my hands realizing my skin still looked raw from me scrubbing at it so hard. He let out a sigh and I noticed he had a piece of paper in his hands.

"It's from Snape. He told your professors about everything and to excuse you from class today. You need to go tomorrow though." He muttered. I nodded. 

"Alright." I muttered.

"Lexi?" He asked. I glanced up at him. 

"Why are you bleeding?" He murmured. I looked at him confused and he walked closer to me. He tugged my one arm out and I noticed on my left arm I had scratch marks. I guess I had done those in my sleep. I had had nightmares of not being able to get the blood off me like I did in the shower and started scrubbing in the dream with a cloth. I guess I really was just scratching myself in my sleep. It did not help that back before all this stuff in this world happened I had a bad thing about scratching myself till I was bleeding when I was stressed and had anxiety. My anxiety caused me to itch and I just kept scratching.

"I had a nightmare and I guess instead of rubbing like I was in the dream I was scratching and itching." I shrugged. He sighed. 

"Go to Madame Pomfrey to get something to help you sleep. You're probably going to be there all day today anyway." He said. I shrugged. 

"You know you don't have to be strong all the time." He murmured as I glanced up at him. I tried to hold back the sobs that were starting to resurface and before I knew it my eyes had glassed over and my tears were starting to make their way back down my face. I started sobbing. 

"I can't stop crying." I cried. Blaise pulled me in for a hug and I sobbed into his chest. I felt him rub my back but I could tell he was uncomfortable trying to comfort me. I pulled back and wiped my eyes.

"Lexi. You went through something traumatic. I would be surprised if you weren't crying. You saw Draco attacked and then bleeding out on the floor. No one should see that especially to someone you love." He muttered as he put his hands on my shoulders. I took deep breaths trying to center myself and nodded. I wiped my eyes and nodded.