Chapter 25

I was rubbing my eyes. We were in class and I saw some of the kids peer at me from the corner of my eyes. Wind of Harry and I's conversation had gotten around the school. I kept my head down as Professor McGonagall walked down my aisle asking a question. 

"Mr. Weasley, I suspect you stop doodling on your notebook and pay attention." She snapped and then she turned around her eyes locked with mine. She paused for a moment before turning around and heading back up the aisle. My friends looked back at me and Blaise glanced back. I just bent my head back down scribbling something down on the parchment that was in front of me. Draco had sat up with Blaise because I had come in late. I had over slept and if that didn't say how my day was going I don't know what did. I saw Draco glanced back once when I glanced up to look up at McGonagall. 

"I have graded your essays. Some of you need help, and I would advise you do this quickly and find a tutor. I will not put up with this kind of work for NEWT level students." She said with a wave of her wand. All the essays came whizzing back to the students and I waited for mine and it never came. 

"I made notes on the side of the papers. Please take care to read them." She said and then the bell rang. I sat there a little confused as I looked at everyone who was standing up to walk out as they read their papers. I approached McGonagall's desk as I saw the trio hold back by the door. I also saw Draco pause behind them. 

"Yes Ms. Riddle?" She asked glancing up over her glasses at me. 

"Professor, I never got my essay back." I said. 

"Yes, because I'm actually quiet confused. This past essay was not as good as they normally are." She said as she turned the paper to me. It was an acceptable. I frowned as I read her notes carefully and realized how truly bad this essay had been. I just bit the inside of my mouth and felt like pounding my head into the nearest brick wall. 

"I'm sorry professor. I just have a lot going on." I murmured. She stared at me for a moment and then nodded.

"I know the whispers around the hall Ms. Riddle. Students aren't exactly the best at whispering quietly around here or the best at keeping their eyes to themselves." She said. I just glanced down at my paper sadly. 

"You can't let little whispers break you. Your mother would expect more than that from you." She murmured. I glanced up at her. 

"Next essay better be an EE or higher Ms. Riddle." She said before turning back towards her work.

"Yes ma'am." I murmured. I went back to my desk and gathered up my quills and books before heading out the door. When I walked out I glanced up to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione staring at me. I stopped and stared at them for a moment before noticing my blonde headed boyfriend a little while behind them waiting for me. I let my eyes fall to the floor before turning around and heading in the opposite side direction. It was taking me the long way around but I didn't feel like running into Harry and his friends. 

"Lexi!" I heard someone call. I turned around to see Draco running up behind me. 

"Mhmm?" I murmured slowing down. He grabbed my wrist lightly and turned me to face him. 

"Are you alright? You've seem out of sorts." He murmured pulling me off to the side so people wouldn't have to move around us. I nodded. 

"Yeah, just tired." I muttered. He stared at me for a moment.

"You're sure that's it?" He asked. I nodded. He put a hand on my cheek and titled my face up so I could look him in the eye. 

"Alexandria." He murmured. I stared up at him.

"Yes?" I asked. He frowned. 

"You swear to me you're alright." He said. I nodded and then smiled at him. He nodded and then kissed me on my forehead which still to this day gave me butterflies in my stomach. I chuckled as I felt my cheeks warm. He pulled back and smiled down at me.