Chapter 35

Hogwarts:

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were the top of the Astronomy tower talking. Harry had the fake horcrux in his hands turning it over. The castle was in the process of grieving over their lost headmaster. There was talk about whether it was a good idea or not to shut the school down even though the three of them knew they weren't going to come back next year.

"Do you think he would've done it? Draco?" Hermione asked Harry. He shook his head.

"No, with or without Lexi there. He was lowering his wand in the end. She's...she's changed him and she, herself has change." Harry admitted. 

"He's still a git." Ron commented from where he was sitting on the raised set of stairs. Hermione and Harry looked back at him. 

"I never did get the chance to tell you guys that her parents were in the Order, did I?" Harry asked. They shook her head.

"Her father? A Lestrange?" Ron asked skeptically. Harry and Hermione turned around to look at Ron fully. Harry nodded.

"Dumbledore showed her a bunch of memories before her mother was murdered. He changed his ways for her. She had made him good." Harry said. Hermione let out a sigh as she crossed her arms over her chest. Ron shook his head. 

"That whole situation is bloody confusing. No wonder the poor girl is confused herself. Her dad is bad the first whole part of his life. Comes to school and the last year of school meets a girl who he falls in love with but she's on the wrong side. Then decides to, for her, leave the Death Eaters, who I imagine wasn't to fond to hear that." Ron said exasperated. Hermione nodded in agreement. 

"Anytime I talked to her through the year it sounded like she was battling inside herself to do what she knew was right but what would keep her alive even at the expense of her sanity." Hermione muttered. 

"I think towards the end though she took her stand. I think I know where she stands." Harry said nodding firmly.

"And who's that? With Malfoy?" Ron asked. Harry shook his head. 

"No. She's with us." Harry said. 

"Harry, how can you be so sure?" Hermione asked nervously. Harry understood the nervousness because if they ran into Lexi while running around before she went back for her 7th year, she didn't want her to go running back saying she saw them. 

"Because before the Death Eaters came up she begged Draco to let Dumbledore help. To have him hide them all and that they would be okay. She was pushing his arm down to put down the wand all the way. She wanted to stop them from killing him, and she turned on Greyback." Harry said thinking about the scene again.

"What do you mean?" Hermione asked confused.

"She was about to hex him because of something he did to her father. I think he and Greyback got into it and clawed him. Oh, I can't forget that Voldemort used her as a threat for Draco to do the mission. I think that hit her hard when she heard Malfoy say that. I don't think she took that very lightly." Harry commented. Hermione shook her head in disgust while Ron just stared at him shocked.

"I mean I probably wouldn't have either. Tell a person who loves me they need to kill someone or I'm going to kill my own niece who is the person you love. That's barbaric." Hermione said irritated. They had come to the conclusion after Harry had seen her shell-shocked by that comment that they had been in contact this entire time and lying to them. The Order had proof now that they were in contact. The trio had tried to be mad about it but they couldn't; not when Lexi had offered numerous time to help after bad things had been caused by the Death Eaters. It was like she was trying to atone for them, even though it wasn't her responsibility to.