Chapter 23

Present time-
Maria/ Manchiro POV

I sat beside Mikey on top of some building materials as the rest of Toman admins stood below us.

Ran had given me a ring with a small blade in it. He said it was for protection. It looks normal as I wore it on my left hand thumb.

My tattoo wasn't seen by anyone as I wear long sleeves, otherwise, I will get nagged by Mikey and then he'll report this to Baji. Then Baji will nag me too.

Oh wait, but Baji will see this tattoo one day, I should have never taken it.....

Mentally screeching in my mind now as I crunched on a lollipop as Mikey conducted the meeting.

Takemichi was beaten up by the black dragons a few days ago. It's basically a declaration of war that the Black Dragons had placed on us.

I wonder how Waka, Benkai and Akashi are doing now. If they know the state Black Dragons are in now.

Takemichi had told me last night about the new future and him telling Chifuyu he can time leap and I know about it.

However, Takemichi doesn't know where I am in that terrible future.

I look out at the blue sky as Takemichi offers my brother a Dorayaki to convince him to not let Hakkai leave us.

I have never facepalm so hard before.

"Don't want it." Mikey said as he flips the Dorayaki to a side and I catch it before chewing on it.

Damn it, I'm already in a bad mood for seeing Kisaki here.

Hakkai apologizes to Mitsuya as he was going to leave us.

"Don't look so sad, Hakkai, I understand." Mitsuya said as Hakkai looks at him with wild eyes from his kneeling position on the ground.

"Taka-Chan!" Hakkai calls for his division leader as he stands from the ground.

"It was a pleasure working with you!" Hakkai yells as he makes a 90 degrees bow.

"What are you saying? I didn't say you could leave." Mitsuya said as Takemichi was confused. I shoved the Dorayaki wrappings into my pocket as Mikey glares at me.

Seems like he was gonna eat it but I took it away from him. 😗

Mitsuya proposed to talk to Taiju, the elder brother of Hakkai himself as everyone was shocked.

Mikey just shrugged his shoulders as he allows it and the meeting was over.

I plopped my lollipop back into my mouth as I was going to take a train to the Haitani brother's house but walked into a figure and nearly fell just as the person caught me.

He looks rather familiar, shit, he's wearing the black dragon's uniform.

I immediately jumped from him. Of all times, I didn't bring my Bokken, today isn't my luck.

"Hey Inupi, look what I found." The black hair guy said as I looked over to see a old friend walk over and see us.

Inupi looks at me disinterested at first but soon recognizes who I was as his eyes widens.

"Manchiro?" He calls out.

I nod my head just as he tells Koko to shut up about me as he drags me away. "It isn't safe here. It's the black dragon's territory here too. Go somewhere else" He said as I look at him and smiled as I left.

When I was younger, I used to hang out at Shinichiro's motorbike shop. Inupi was there most of the time too.

After all, Shinichiro was his leader, we were introduced and soon became friends.

I haven't seen him after I got locked in juvie.

Where am I going again?

Oh yeah... Ran and Rindo's house.

After a short train ride, I knocked on their door as I was sure I had called them earlier about my visit.

The door opened as I looked at Rindo. He immediately turns away without greeting me as I walk in slowly confused by his action. Have I made him upset?

Ran drags his feet towards me as he pats my head. Rindo was nowhere to be seen in the living room as I took off my boots.

"He sees your private parts and now he has no face to see you again." Ran explains Rindo's odd behavior as I chuckled.

"Probably because he's always with you and never seen a girl naked before." I whisper as Ran snorts. I threw my lollipop stick and Dorayaki wrapping away as Ran takes out some stuff from the oven as I sat on the huge fur sofa while hugging a cushion.

Some stuff is going to go down soon, what is it called again?

Ah, the calm before a storm.

"Lunch is ready." Ran calls for me as he was done serving lunch on the table as I sat before the dining table.

Rindo still refuses to make eye contact with me as I sat opposite them.

The chandelier lights in this house are so pretty.

The steak Ran made is so delicious too.

Numerous thoughts go through my head as I enjoyed my lunch.

Rindo immediately tries to run from me as he was done with his lunch but I was one step ahead of him as I stood in front of his room door.

"I-" he emits with his face red but I clung to him as he panics. "Get off!" He squeaks but I giggled as Ran looks at us like we're idiots.

"Brother do you hate me?" I whispered as he froze. I've finally called him brother.

"No? I just can't look at you for now." He said with a red face but I still hung to him like a koala.

I close my eyes as I hum for a bit. "Take your time then....big brother Rindo." I whispered as I got off him and hopped off to help Ran wash the dishes.

Hours later, after training with Ran. Rindo has warmed up to me but was still a little shy. I hug them both tightly before leaving as Ran offers me my favorite strawberry Taiyaki.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

——————
"Why are you looking at me like that?" Ran asks Rindo as they see the blonde wave one final goodbye to them from the elevator.

"I wanted a kiss too." Rindo pouts.

"Ok I'll give you one right now~ ~♡" Ran says slyly as Rindo runs off disgusted.

"I only want it from Maria!"

Ran chuckles in the background.
——————

It was currently night as I was going back home but received a call from Draken. He wants me to meet with the other admins about something.

"Tsk." I was irritated as Kisaki was going to be there, sure Hanma is annoying, but he was alright in my book. Kisaki is just a piece of shit in my opinion.

If you can't get a girl, get another one, don't need to be upset. If you truly love her, then let her be happy with someone else. Forcing her to love you against her own will, who would want that ?

I sat beside Draken as Takemichi proposed to fight the black dragons.

Both Mucho and Smiley rejected his proposal.

"Hella dull!" Hanma comments.

Kisaki doesn't say a word.

"Whaddya think, Draken, Maria?" Smiley ask us as I remain silent.

"Hmm, rejected! Takemichi, I know you probably have your own considerations backing this up." Draken told him as I ate some fries.

"But do you really want to ruin the peace pact Mitsuya worked for? Doing this would ruin his reputation." Draken said as Takemichi looks to me for a answer.

......

What was the question again?

TBC