Chapter 33

Maria/Manchiro POV

It was the 22nd of February. Tenjiku is going to have a all out war with Toman soon.

I've told Takemichi that Emma would die today under Kisaki's hands.

I promised him that I would be the one to protect my innocent sister as he nods his head as he explains to me he has become the 11th Generation Black Dragon Leader.

I just shrugged him off as now me, Emma and Mikey were going to visit Shinichiro's grave.

"Maria? What's that other blade you have?" Emma asks me curiously as I had another blade beside me Bokken.

A real katana. My best friend gave it to me.

I wrote as Mikey looks at my book and narrows his eyes at me.

"Is it that rich black hair girl who always has sapphire earrings?" Mikey questions as I nodded my head.

"She doesn't give me the good vibes." Mikey said as I shrugged him off, Fuyuka is good but she has been quite clingy to me nowadays.

We sat in a car as we reached the area and there before us was Izana, Takemichi and Inui.

"Woah, visiting Shinichiro with your sisters?" Izana ask Mikey as I look to him.

We made eye contact as I felt my hands go sweaty from nervousness, not because I'm scared of him, but because our last encounter didn't go well.

Back then, I made sure to stalk Shinichiro when he visits Izana as I wanted to meet and be closer to Izana so he wouldn't have to die in the future.

We three have gotten close but Izana found out about him not being related to us. I tried talking things out but he just wouldn't listen.

Shinichiro let Izana beat him as he cried in the rain.

"Did Manchiro know of this too?!" Izana yells at Shinichiro as I stood by him scared. I wanted us to get along well.

"No she didn't, come on Izana, blood related or not, nothing changes between us right?" Shinichiro asks Izana.

"SHUT UP! Why did you even come to me? I've always been alone since the beginning." Izana says as the rain soaks his long hair.

"I thought happiness could take me from that hell." Izana mutters as I held onto Shinichiro.

We tried seeing Izana the next day, but he ran from the orphanage.

"You didn't mess up brother." I said to Shinichiro as he pats my head.

"He's just confused. I hope we can reunite under good circumstances one day." I whisper as Shinichiro smiles and carries me on his shoulders to get ice cream.

But I knew that smile was covering his sadness and now I know that my hope of reunification is dead.

"Takemichi take Emma away." Mikey orders him but  I left with Emma as Mikey stares at me confused but didn't stop me.

I guided Emma to the car as Takemichi waited outside.

"I want to buy a drink." Emma said as I shook my head as I held onto her hands tightly.

Wait, I mouthed out as Emma looked at me confused only for someone to enter the car and start driving.

Instantly, I whipped out my Bokken and slams it into the man's pressure point to knock him out.

Fuck, he had already placed his foot locked on the car accelerator at full speed as I looked at the incoming wall.

I opened the door as I shoved Emma out but she pulls me as the car smashed.