Chapter Twelve: The Broken King

Lysette, along with her trusted Soldiers, ripped their way through wave after wave of Vampires. They fought, doing everything they could to keep the City safe but it didn't take too long before they realized there was possible way they could hold them back forever.
" KEEP FIGHTING! FOR THE KING! FOR OUR HOME! SHOW THESE BLOOD SUCKERS THE SHARPNESS OF OUR OWN! " Lysette commanding her soldiers who fought bravely against the onslaught.

Raven and Shawn arrive in the Lycan Kingdom just as a the Vampires was swarmed the entire town and began fighting alongside Lysette. Raven, casting her spells, blasting dozens of Vampires as Shawn swung his large Scythe, sweeping dozens more away from the Kingdom.
" Sorry we took so long to get here " Raven calls out to Lysette who finally notices her friends had arrived. She swipes her claws at a vampire who charged at her and called back " You guys got here just in time! Where is Gabriel? " Lyseyte asks as another horde of vampires comes in for charge, flying down, fangs exposed. Lysette narrowly avoids their attacks, leaping away and swiping at those who who get to close.
" Long story" Shawn responds as turns to kick  away two Vampires who had been been coming from behind me. " He is gone. We think he might be going after Kara but we aren't sure. We wanted to get back here" Raven adds as she releases her energy, which forms into a bubble around here, exploding outwards and propelling the nearing group of vampires approach her backwards through the castle walls.

Kara stares down at the lifeless body of Gabriel, the one she loved with all of her being. This could not be the end of it. This could not be the end of their journey. " Gabriel..." Kara cried as she layed her body across his.
" I couldn't do it. I couldn't save you. I tried and I couldn't do it. I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve this" Kara cried as she began to coat his black fur with her tears. " I failed you " Kara felt as though she had lost everything in this moment. Gabriel had come for her. He was so close to her and he couldn't make it in time.
" If I only had gotten here faster. I could have saved you Gabe. I could have done it. I could have saved you. I could have kept you here " Kara explained, knowing full well she would not receive a response. She felt crushed, and she felt a great pain in her heart. Her body still hurt and her hand still burned but it no longer mattered to her. Nothing could stop her from being by his side. Nothing would stop her from being by his side, ever again.
" Gabriel...I love you. I love you more than anything. I'm sorry I was such a fool. I'm sorry I was so stupid. I shouldn't have turned you away. I should have stood with you that day. I should've done so many things differently " her cries continued.
Kara's thoughts went to her meeting with Gabriel's parents. That had entrusted her to keep their son safe and she failed them. She couldn't do the one thing they wanted from her. She couldn't give him the things he wanted. The things she wanted. The things they deserved".
Kara knew the Underworld was now doomed. There was nothing she could do to stop it. Losing Gabriel, would mean that things would never be the same. And as she continued to cry over the body of the broken king, she found that was not Alone.
" Kara..." A voice called in front of her. Kara lifted her head to see the identity of the voice. If they wanted her death, she welcomed them in this moment. But, before her, stood a man, who had thick black hair and a clean shaven face. His eyes were Red and his teeth were razor shape.
" Who are you? " Kara asked as she covered Gabriel's body, almost trying to protect him from anymore harm. Anymore suffering. She would would never allow anyone to ever harm again.
" My name is not important right now. I am here to help you. Let's get you and Gabriel home " the man looked young, but still older than Kara and Gabriel. Kara could sense this was a man with hundreds of years behind him but he wore them all with ease and class.
" Leave Us" She called to the strange man. " I will get us home. I don't need your help " she snaps. She did not want any help. She would make sure Gabriel was taken home safely. She trusted Noone here. For all she knew, he could have been the entire reason she was here to begin with. She couldn't take the risk that he meant more harm than he seemed to convey.
" Don't be foolish. You don't even know where you are. And I have every intention of going back to the Underworld anyway. At the least, let me escorts you home. Two fighters are better than one " The man explained as he gazed at the two Night Slashers ashes.
" Or maybe you not. You are stronger than I could've ever imagined" he smiled as he walked closer to Kara whose eyes began to glow green again.
" I SAID BACK OFF.." She screamed as flames began to form around her and Gabriel.
The man, looked on, seeming to be impressed by her magical prowess. He thought on how best to calm her, and had finally decided to respond with" I mean no harm. I promise..". This man seemed to show no fear of Kara's abilities but he did show concern and that puzzled Kara. " Again..who the hell are you? And if you don't answer me, I will kill you too " Kara barks, her eyes flaming as embers flicker away from her eyebrows.
The man smiles and finally relents "It makes sense that you wouldn't recognize me" he chuckles lightly. " I remember when you were a tiny little baby, laying in the crib, helpless and yet so happy. Me and your mother did everything we could to protect you" he answered which make's Kara's flames lower.. " Father?"

Lysette, Raven and Shawn held their own as best as they could but they were swarmed. There was nothing more they could do. For every vampire they disposed of, 50 more would take its place. It was an unrelenting and unforgiving battle that they had tired from.
" We have to get out of here. We can't keep this up " Raven calls out to the others. " We can't just leave.." Lysette growls as she pins down a vampire, clenching her Jaws around its head and crushing it with great force.
" If we don't we are all going to die here " Raven argues.
" If we die then we die. If you want to leave you can but I refuse. I am going to defend my home from these devils " Lysette charged into another wave of Vampires which only makes Raven groan.
" Fucking hell. Damn wolves and their damn pride. We are all going to die here.." The thought sinks into Ravens head. She had her baby and whilst she was keeping the attackers at bay with her magic. She was growing tired and with every charge, they were getting closer and closer to her. Shawn had managed to keep the majority off of her but even he was becoming overwhelmed.
" DIIIIIIIIE" Xiema screamed out as ripped her way through a vampire with her bare hands. Shawn's sisters had been in the fight as well. Though, unlike Raven and Shawn. They had been enjoying the battle.
They had never gotten the chance to fight like this and they were becoming addicted to the confrontation. " Do we get to play with Gabriel when we are done here? " Yetemeh askes as she grabs onto a lone Vampires legs and swings him crashing into another group of vampires"
" I surely hope so" Valshi answers as she rips though hundreds of vampires with her trusted Scythe.

" They are fucking psychopaths" Shawn watched his sisters tearing through the Vampiric army as Raven blasts away more vampires. " Helpful Psychopaths " She groans as she punches a vampire in the face, knowing it down and Shawn stomps his foot down, crushing it.