Chapter Sixteen: Penny

" Push Raven" Lysette asks of Raven who was sprawled out on her bed.   She had been trying to wait as best as she could, but she could wait no longer. Shawn had taken too far too long. The baby was coming with or without him.
She still felt as though something was wrong but she knew that he would come back to her as soon as he possibly could. And when he returned, she would be able to present him with the fact that he was now a father.
Lysette wiped the sweat from her brow. She had been at this and finding the stress of the situation in this moment more concerning than the explosions outside or the attack on her Kingdom.
" Push" Lysette demands again as Raven pushes as hard as she could. The repition of Raven screaming and panting was becoming almost too much to bare in what felt like a small box they had been trapped in. Everything in the moment, the tension and the excitement all hinged on Raven at this time. And she knew it. She had to do this properly Lysette would tell herself. " I can't fuck this up" she repeated in her mind as she tried to focus on the task at hand.
It was uncomfortable and it was exhausting but after some time, Lysette managed to remove the Baby from Raven and wrapped it in a blanket. " Congratulations" Lysette smiles as she hands the baby over to Raven who was sweating and crying. " You have a little girl" Lysette adds she backs away and slumps down in a nearby chair. " Aww " Raven says as she stares down at her beautiful baby Girl. " Hello Penelope" Raven smiled and kissed the forehead of her daughter Penelope.
Raven and Shawn had decided on the name months ago. After careful deliberation, they had decided that if they had a girl, they would name her after Ravens Mother. Who died many years ago from an unknown sickness at the time. It had been hard without her mother but Raven managed to get by on her own. Ravens father had left at a very early age to travel to earth in search of something. But her mother had told her that he was insane was wrong for leaving their family behind. Raven use to blame him but now she didn't. She knew he had to follow his heart even though it hurt that it wasn't with them. A hard thing to accept for someone so young.
" My little Penny" Raven smiles and kisses her daughter again on the forehead. She would leave Penny behind. No matter what happened in this life, she would protect her and keep her safe from any and all threats. Even if it costed her, her own life.

Meanwhile, Shawn had been trying to escape his room but it was sealed tightly. His parents had blocked it off with an ancient magic to prevent him from being able to teleport his way out of this situation.
All Shawn wanted to do at this point was to see Raven again. He missed her terribly and he knew she would be worried about him. But his parents, seemed to have no intention of letting him leave anytime soon. He knew his sisters were locked away as well and felt horrible about dragging them into this entire mess. He also thought about his brothers whom he had just learned were dead. They had never really bonded all that much to begin with but they were still family to him. And now they were gone. Just like that. " It doesn't make sense " he continued saying to himself. He was angry and upset that his parents believed Kara could do this intentionally. She had been through alot but even then she wouldn't go out of her way to cause pain and suffering. And Shawn still had alot of questions about her Kara's father ended up in outworld? Why was he imprisoned there? His parents had never mentioned this to him before so he was trying his best to comprehend a logical reason for it. There were so many secrets being kept from him and it wasn't fair. He had deserved to know this just as much as anyone else. Though Shawn's parents wouldn't budge. When they didn't want something talked about, they had ways of making sure it was never talked about.
Shawn's thoughts trailed back to his situation. He was grounded. And that meant he could be locked in his room for the next hundred to a thousand years. He had only been grounded once before and that was for something small and insignificant. He could only imagine how long he would be trapped here now.
" Pssst..Shawn.." a voice called out to him. Shawn turned around to see one long small space where a brick had been pushed out at his wall. It was his sister Xilema.
" What the hell are you doing?" He asked as he walked over and knelt down, seeing her peek through the hole.
" We are going to get out of here and we want you to come with us " Xilema called back which made Shawn chuckle.
" You know damn good and well there is no way out of here...". In the past, his sisters had been grounded more than Shawn or his brothers for that matter. But, he also knew there was never a way out of this. His parents were intricate about little loop holes like that.
" No No, we have a way out, trust us. Come with us. We are going to go back to the Underworld" Xilema smiles as Velshi pushes her out of the way. " Just come on.." Velshi motions for him.