Chapter Twenty Four: The Guilt Of Ashes

Kara had made her way to a lone rock on which she sat down and watched as Shawn and Raven fought with his Sisters, pulling them back from jumping into the flames to pull Gabriel out as Lysette makes her way to Kara.
" I am sorry for earlier " Lysette apologize as Kara scooted over to provide Lysette some room to sit down beside her. " Its okay. I know you are dealing with so much and had the right to take out your frustrations. We are all frustrated" Kara looks down at her legs, thinking about all the memories she shared with Gabriel.
" At the end of your speech..you were going to Call Gabriel your love, weren't you? Lysette questioned making Kara tense up a little.
" I.. I don't know what I was going to say" She admitted. " There are so many things that Gabriel is to me "
" Well, at the end of the day, it all comes down to the fact that he is yours, doesn't it? " Lysette chuckles a little as Shawn slaps Xilema across the face who was being hysterical.
" Yeah..but he was so much to all of us. And that is why I could never claim him as mine solely" Kara admitted. " My father told me about how Lycans choose a mate" Kara proceeded to repeat the information her father had relayed to her.
" Is it true? " Kara asked, this having been one of the thousand questions going through her mind at the time.
" Yes. That is true. And I knew, even back then, he wanted you. Kara I don't know how else to get this across to you, that Gabriel was drawn to you. He loved you. He would have given up being King to have you..much like your father did for your mother" Lysette smiles and takes Kara's hand in hers.
" And I would've supported him. I still have hatred for your mother and use to blame you too. But I knew deep down none of it was your fault" She confesses which turns Kara's head to face her.
" Gabriel, could only have one mate. A mate for life. And he wanted that with you or Noone at all. Even when he got Victoria back, he still thought of you. All of the time. You never left his mind. Gabriel, wasn't sure of alot of things but he sure of his love for you. He attacked you, yes. But, and I scolded him every day for that. He felt horrible. And when he learnt of the baby...he was crushed. He knew he couldn't face you after taking your child away from you. He felt selfish for that. He had accepted that he had crossed a line that he would never come back from. So when you walked away, he wasn't surprised. He knew it was too late for him. But still, he refused to find someone else. Instead, he turned to drinking to numb the guilt. And even then he found no true peace. When the sky fell, I sent him to you because I knew he would feel horrible if something had happened to you. I'm guessing he didn't make it in time though. And when you were imprisoned, he wanted to find you so badly. We all knew he wouldn't stop till he found you to make sure you were safe. Gabriel wasn't perfect, you know that. But that man loved you more than I think you could ever imagine" Lysette stands up and looks down at Kara as she let's go of her hand.
" Keep his memory alive Kara, don't ever let yourself forget him. It would do you better to remember than to forget. Trust me on this" Lysette spoke on experience. She had always remembered her sister, and that helped her cope in some ways with her death. Lysette knea that Kara missed him and though it was painful, it would be better to endure the pain than to pretend that it never happened. The guilt would way heavy.
" Thank you" Kara nods as Lysette walks away and back into the cave. Kara stayed the entire night, even after everyone else had went inside. She watched burned down to nothing but ash. Much like the enemies that Kara had destroyed. She stared into the fire, smelling of the smoke and wild scents of flowers as it burned and filled the sky with a beautiful array of colors.
" I will never forget you Gabriel. My Love" Kara smiles at burning embers from within the Ash before walking inside.