Chapter 8.

It was Saturday, which meant the boys had all day to practice. But, of course, Ashton was late.

We waited 45 minutes until he finally walked in, wearing, what was that? my mind eeked in horror. Wearing, the most worn out and ripped purple shirt. I was going to offer him one of my dads shirts then realised he was now a 'rock star' which meant he had to go hardcore, and if this is his idea of hardcore, so be it.

'Hey guys! Sorry im late', he said putting his bike in the garage, 'Nice shirt', Michael laughed, followed by Luke. 'This was my favourite shirt then Lauren put it in the washing machine with her clothes so it turned purple', 'Bro, why are you still wearing it though?', Michael questioned trying not to laugh, 'Hey, even though its purple, its still my favourite shirt, alright', Ashton said smiling, showing off his deep dimples.

They practiced a song called Outta My Limit, it was actually really nice, they all sang it perfectly. They sang a few more songs and the day was up, it had gone so fast because i was watching the boys rehearse. The rest of the night was so slow though, all i did was sit on the couch with Luke and Dad and watch a few movies, while texting Calum of course.

2 months later.

The boys have been doing pretty well on there music, they've realised their first single, and played a few gigs. They uploaded alot of song covers to youtube and today i was helping them film a cover of Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus.

As they all started singing i listened, 'her name is Noel, i have a dream about her, she rings my bell, i got gym class in half an hour, oh how she rocks, in keds and tube socks, but she doesn't know who i am, and she doesn't give a damn about me, cause im just a teenage dirtbag baby, yeah im just a teenage dirtbag baby, listen to iron maiden baby, with me, woaaaahhh', they all sounded so perfect singing together. Halfway through the video they got distracted by Ashton's dog, who he brang to rehearsal so he could 'watch'.

The boys had meetings with a few managers that they could choose from afterwards because lets face it, they had no idea what they were doing, buisness-wise. The first few managers were dead set assholes just looking for millions of dollars, but they finally settled on a nice-looking man called Adam. He looked very proffesional and he later told us that he also worked with Coldplay, George Michael, Iron Maiden and INXS! Which was amazing.

The 'Teenage Dirtbag' cover got thousands of views overnight and the boys were doing really well, they had a manager, their band was sorted out and they had heaps of gigs. The only problem was that since this all started, Luke, Michael and Calum had all stopped going to school regularly and i had a feeling that they were getting ready to drop out, however, since school was only going for 5 more months, Ashton wanted to stay and complete year 12 which was really good.

Also, another bad thing was that i never really hung out with Calum alone, which i missed. I made a reservation at a restaurant called 'Char' for me and Calum to spend a night alone. I just had to ask him if he actually wanted to come.

I knocked on the door of Calums house, i was so nervous. It sucker that i hadnt hung out with him alone in a long time, and we didnt talk much anymore either. The door opened and the prettiest girl smiled at me, did Calum have a girlfriend? My stomach churned thinking about it, 'Hello, are you here for Calum?', she asked, 'Uh-oh-um-ah y-yes, i am', i managed to mumble to her, 'You must be Scarlett, Luke's cousin?', She asked, 'Yes, y-yes i am', 'Calum has told me so much about you, come inside', she was really nice but i was still confused, she couldnt be Calums sister because he never told me about having a sister, 'Oh, sorry i didnt introduce myself. I'm Mali Koa, Calums sister', woop there it is. i felt so relieved hearing those words escape her mouth, 'Im Scarlett Hemmings, but um you already knew that, sorry', i said awkwardly, 'Haha, yeah you must be pretty proud of Luke for creating a band and making it so succesful really fast', 'Yeah, i didnt think he would be able to handle to it at first but hes done an amazing job!', i told her with a proud smile.

'Well, ill take you up to Calums room', 'Okay thank you', i said as i followed up the staircase to a brown mahogany coloured door with the words 'Calum' on the front in white blocks of wood. Mali Koa opened the door revealing walls covered in rock band posters like ACDC, Guns N Roses and Nirvana.

'Oh, hey Scar. What are you doing here?', he said taking out his earphones and sitting up on his bed, 'Hey, i was wondering if you wanted to come to dinner with me? At Char?', 'Scarlett Mae Hemmings, are you asking me on a date?', he said, making me blush a little bit, 'Calum Thomas Hood, we can make it a date if thats what you would like?', 'Well Scarlett, that idea sounds bliss', he said walking up to me and putting his arm around me before spinning me around and planting a light kiss on my forehead, this boy just knew how to treat a girl. 'Its a date then', i looked at him in the eyes, 'I'll pick you up at 7?', he asked, 'Calum, you dont have a car', i laughed, 'Yeah i know, i just always wanted to say that', he giggled, 'So, i'll pick you up at 7 then?', 'Ill see you then, Scarlett', he walked me down stairs and opened the front door for me and followed me out, 'I'll see you tonight', 'Yep', he kissed me on the forehead again and walked me to my car, 'Bye', 'Goodbye, Calum,' i laughed.