Chapter 1 - The Purple Blankets

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy!
—————————————————————

It was a cloudy afternoon when Professor Snape left Hogwarts castle, mere minutes after his last class of the day concluded.

Apparating straight to Diagon Alley without a second thought, the tall, black-haired alpha made his way into one of the many shops that lined the busy street.

"Welcome, sir! What can we do for you today?" A kind shopkeeper greeted Severus from behind the counter. The young man was diligently watching for customers that came through the door, while he simultaneously kept an eye on those who were browsing around the shop.

Severus's customary scowl was fixed firmly on his face as he approached the counter with his black robes billowing around his legs. Raising his hand, Severus pulled out a piece of parchment from his inner pockets and handed it over to the shopkeeper.

"Picking up an order then, sir? Anything else we can help you with today?" The young, dark-haired man asked as he took the paper from Severus and read it over.

"The order will be all. Please don't dally with unnecessary pleasantries, I'm due at home." Severus said quietly.

He spoke so quietly in fact that the shopkeeper had to listen very carefully to make out his hasty customer's words.

"Of course, sir. I'll be back in a moment." The shopkeeper replied.

As the shopkeeper turned and disappeared into the backroom of stored goods, Severus stood and waited, trying not to let his impatience show.

He hoped the shopkeeper was efficient.

—————————————————————

"Mummy, when will Daddy be home?" The little black-haired boy asked as he looked up into Harriet Snape's green gaze.

"As soon as he can be, Albus. Daddy's very busy today, remember?" The omega said to her little boy as he blinked his large, black eyes at her curiously.

Harriet Potter had shocked the wizarding world many times throughout her life. From surviving the killing curse as an infant to defeating Voldemort at the age of seventeen, those feats were remarkable, truly....

......But to many people, Harriet's most surprising deed was accepting Severus Snape as her alpha, marrying him two years after the second wizarding world war ended.

Harriet and Severus were unconcerned about what others thought about their relationship. After so much pain and death, they ended up working together once the war was over when Harriet returned to Hogwarts as a teacher's aid. Regarding each other at first with a newfound, mutual respect, through late night conversations and gentle, stolen kisses, old hatreds had slowly blossomed into love.

Severus never admitted it, but Harriet was certain that the flame red hair she inherited from her mother had helped spur his affections.....

Albus Snape arrived the year after the couple's nuptials, welcomed lovingly by his proud mother and father.

Having only reached the age of five, Albus didn't understand what had been going on in his house over the past few days.

Harriet and Severus certainly did.

When Severus came home one evening earlier that week to find Harriet cuddled into her nest, holding Albus and asking for new blankets, he bit his lip.

After five long years, it was finally coming.

Harriet hadn't had a heat since Albus was born and she hadn't made a nest since.....

Since.....