Chapter 19 - Mrs. Snape's New Robes

Thank you for reading! Please let me know if you enjoy! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

As Severus's twins thrived in Harriet's belly, the omega became more and more grateful every day that Darby had come to live with the family.

Harriet's need for the anti-nausea potion passed quickly. The waves of sickness were replaced by a voracious appetite that she had a difficult time controlling.

Lily took her first, tumultuous steps, which delighted the entire household.

As happy as Harriet was to watch her children grow, Harriet felt drained by their unending amounts of energy.

By the time she entered the fourth month of her pregnancy, the two lives inside Harriet made her look and feel as if she were much further along.

While Severus was at work, Darby came to the rescue every day.

The house elf was more than capable at her job.

Harriet taught her about infant care and she was pleased to find that Darby was a quick learner.

Harriet was no longer alone with her toddler and rambunctious little boy.

Harriet was no longer expected to keep up with all of the housework, the cooking, and the laundry.

Elf magic was surprisingly powerful.

Darby could accomplish five tasks at once with a snap of her fingers.

If she needed to, with Darby as a part of the family, Harriet could even take a nap.

While Darby kept Albus and Lily entertained and in her sight, Harriet had the luxury of crawling into her nest and cuddling up in the purple blankets that Severus had bought her prior to Lily's birth.

Sleep was never far away from the pregnant omega.

Twins were much more demanding.

—————————————————————-

The date that Severus was officially going to take over as Headmaster was announced and with it came invitations to all of Hogwarts staff for a retirement party that was scheduled to be held in Dumbledore's honor at the castle.

Harriet had always been so social and popular that Severus had been certain that his bride would be thrilled to go, but when he told her about the occasion, he blinked in surprise when she frowned at him in disapproval.

"I thought you'd be happy, my love." Severus purred to her that evening. He had already changed into his nightclothes as he snuggled into the nest beside Harriet and pulled her into his arms, "We go to so few events now......I was expecting you to be delighted about the chance of being present at a social affair."

"I would be if I weren't........like this." Harriet said with a sigh.

Severus watched Harriet gesture to her belly as he pulled the fluffy covers overtop of them both and cradled Harriet against him to keep his mate and their babies warm.

A smug smirk curled his lips that he neglected to hide as Harriet looked up at him.

When Harriet threw him a scowl in return, Severus made a noise of amusement in his throat as he bent down and pressed a soft kiss to her lips.

Harriet tried very hard to be angry with her alpha as he covered her in sweet, loving kisses.

She tried so hard to be furious at him while the velvety pads of his fingertips traced along her skin.