Chapter 16 - Seeing Double

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Severus held Harriet on his lap as he lavished long, languid kisses upon her until Lily whimpered from her crib to announce that she had woken from her nap.

Harriet broke their loving embrace too suddenly for her alpha's liking.

".......I'm not finished." Severus stated in a low, warning tone as he watched Harriet raise herself off of him.

"Albus will be in shortly and Lily's awake, I have to go to her. Babies don't sleep all day, Sev." Harriet replied with a chuckle as she stood and gave Severus one last kiss. As she pressed her lips against his, she whispered coyly, "It's only an hour or two before dinner. They'll both be in bed soon afterwards."

Harriet pulled away but Severus didn't blink as he stared intently into her green eyes. His reply was spoken as smoothly and as flawlessly as a panther's voice would be if it was talking to its prey, "......I'll be waiting~."

Harriet stared back at Severus for a moment before she turned and walked to the nursery to care for her crying baby.

When Harriet stepped into the room and lifted little Lily up into her arms, she couldn't help the smirk that curled her lips or the coil of heated anticipation that seated itself in the center of her womb, which her loving husband had recently filled again.

—————————————————————-

Harriet and Severus said nothing about the news to Albus while the family shared their evening meal together that night.

Severus helped Harriet set the table. He chatted with his mate and son while they ate. A soft smile crept across his lips as he listened to Lily babble from her high chair while she watched her mother, father, and brother.

"Do you think she'll talk soon?" Albus asked his parents as he looked at Lily curiously.

"It may take a few more months, sweetheart." Harriet answered her son, "If you keep reading to her like you have been though, I'm sure she'll be ready before then."

"I'll always read to her, Mummy, she's my little sister." Albus said dutifully.

Severus and Harriet exchanged a silent glance of mutual pride about their son's kind heart.

"You were a bit older when you spoke your first words." Severus told Albus, "But when you finally spoke, you spoke fluently. Your mother and I were very proud."

Albus beamed at his father's approval and he pressed, "Are you and Mummy still proud of me?"

"Of course we are." Severus replied with an offended scowl as Harriet smiled warmly at Albus, "And your sister will be too, when she's old enough to know what that means."

"I can't wait until she can play with me." Albus said with a sigh, "It's lonely sometimes, being outside by myself when Scorpius isn't here or I'm not at his house."

Harriet glanced over at Severus again and he glanced back. His black eyes flickered down towards her flat belly and a knowing smirk twisted his lips. The simple motion made Harriet grow restless in her seat.

She saw the pleasure on her alpha's face, along with the pride.

Harriet was just as anxious to get the children to bed as Severus.

It would take a few years, but Albus Snape would soon have several little playmates who could guard him from solitude.

Once dinner was finished, Severus let Harriet tuck Albus in and put Lily to bed while he took out his wand to clean the kitchen and store the leftovers.