You are amazing

March 2011

"Shawn!" I said for the second time, I placed my hands on my hips and rested my weight on my right leg. "Come on." I said quieter this time.

He sighed as he glanced at his gituar, "I can't do this, what if I'm not good enough, what if something happens and everyone thinks I'm terrible." He says.

"Shawn, you are not terrible, you are amazing plus you have been working to damn hard to give up now." I said as I sat down next to him.

I placed my hand on his cheek and made he look at me, "You can do this." I said with a small smile at his innocent face. "But-" He began.

"No buts, let's go." I said pulling him up from the chair and gently grabbed his guitar. "I promise you will do good and they will love you." I murmured.

He nodded as he bit his lip, a habit of his that drove me insane and sent my mind into overdrive.

He got on the tiny stage that already had a chair and mic set up.

He played the back track of his phone that only had the piano then started strumming on his guitar. He glanced at me and I gave him a thumbs up.

He smiled and continued looking at me,
"I love it when you just don't care,

I love it when you dance like there's nobody there

So when it gets hard don't be afraid

We don't care what them people say..."

He looked at me the whole song and all I could do was look right back at him, it felt like we were the only two people in the room.

It felt like he was singing to me and me alone and I couldn't help but allow my mind to read into it and my heart go into overdrive.

He smiled sheepishly bringing me out of my trance as people started clapping and whooping for him.