I'm So Proud

After yesterday I was on edge, Kade had been in chemo by the time I found out where he was, I really wanted to be there for him but my mom had called me to come back home because it was getting late.

"Honey a letter for you came in the mail for you today. It's from that university you applied for." My mom said as she walked towards the couch I was lying in.

I glanced up at her and grabbed the letter. "It's the only university, Shawn and I both applied for." I felt my hands tremble as I tore open the envelope.

I scanned quickly through the letter to the bottom. "Congratulations Miss Mickayla Richardson." It was enough to send me into a frenzy. I jumped up and hugged my mom. "I GOT IN I GOT IN." I said loudly and my mom hissed cause I shouted into her ear.

"Congratulations baby girl! I'm so proud of you." My mom said as she kissed my forehead. I grinned and jumped up and down. "Oh my goodness." I said pressing my hands to my mouth.

"Honey we have to celebrate." My mom said, "You and I should go out now, to your favourite restaurant." She added. "Oh baby I'm so proud of you." She said patting my back.

After half an hour of making myself look nice my mom and I drove to the mall nearest to our house. We arrived there and I was bubbling with excitement. Shawn still needed his letter of acceptance but I was pretty sure he also got in.

We ate an Applebee's right next to the shop I used to work at.

*Flashback*

I smiled widely at a customer that thanked me as I handed her the scarf from stock. I looked around to see if there was anyone else who needed help and my eyes fell on a scene that made my heart clench.

Shawn and Sammy. Kissing. Her arms were around his neck and his arms around her waist they were pressed up against each other. He murmured something in her ear and she giggled then nodded.

I quickly looked away as they made their way to the general area where I was standing. "Kiki," Shawn said as he gave me a hug, "5 more minutes till your shift ends; don't you just want to clock out now then we can all go to pizzahut." He pleaded sticking out his pink, swollen from kissing, bottom lip.

I smiled but shook my head, "You know I can't." I said. "You're no fun. Meet us at pizzahut when you decided to be as cool as me." He joked nudging my shoulder.

He turned around to go with Sammy to pizzahut but she stop him, "Babe I will wait here with Kayla." She said, "We will catch up with you and the others later." Shawn nodded and gave Sammy a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Listen, Mickayla, I know you love Shawn." I looked in bewilderment at her, "I'm not stupid I see the way you look at him, I notice the puppy love eyes, the way you hold him, just the way you are around him. But I also notice him. My boyfriend. He doesn't love you and he never ever will in that way, he loves me, he is hooked on me. So if you try anything and I mean anything to take him away from me, I will make your life a living hell. So watch your back."

*End of Flashback*

I had finished my food and I didn't even know, I was feeling so out of it. "Is everything okay?" My mom asked looking at me with worry written all over her face. I nodded giving her a fake smile.

But everything was not okay. Sammy still haunted me and she wasn't even here.