Wasn't His Fault

AN: Sorry this chapter is definitely not one of my best, it kinda sucks, I've just been busy lately I will try post quickly though also if you want to see what Kade looks like I've attached his photo to this chapter and will add him to the cast.

Enjoy! Please vote, comment and share ♡×

--------------------------------------------------

I knocked on his door and he motioned for me to come in, "Hey." I said quietly feeling a little bit on edge as I looked at him.

"About yesterday-" Shawn said at the same time I said, "The thing about Sammy is-" We looked at each other. "Yeah?" Shawn said allowing me to continue.

"She was a horrible person, she disliked me so much and would tease me and make fun of me at every opportunity she got." I ranted looking away from him.

"That's not the Sammy I remember..." He trailed off. I looked away from his doey brown eyes and looked at my fingers, biting down hard on my lip refusing to lash out at Shawn when this wasn't his fault.

"Talk to me." He said, I looked up at him and he looked worriedly back at me. "I just don't understand- it's not fair- how you remember her over me. It's like you treasure her more." I said trying to tread carefully on this subject.

"I don't know what you want me to say." He said running his hands through his hair and it showed that he was confused and agitated. "I don't know either." I said.

"It's been close to a month since I 'woke up' they said I need to stay for another day then I can be released but Dr Notton is still going to be working with me." Shawn informed me, filling in the awkward silence. "Oh." Was all I managed to say.

I looked down at my fingers; I felt uncomfortable; the brown- eyed boy in front of me felt like a stranger. Each time I came to visit it seemed more and more like I just had to let him go.

I had to come with terms that he might not remember me, but I couldn't and I wouldn't give up on him. I would stick by him even if he didn't remember me.

I looked at the clock on my phone: 12:09. I sighed and looked over at Shawn who was looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. "Mickayla..." He murmured to himself never taking his eyes off of me.

He tilted his head to the side making my heart skip a beat, he was so handsome. Some of his hair fell over his forehead and I fought the urge to push it back.

We stared at each other for what felt like a long time until there was a knock on the door bringing us out of our trance. "Shawn needs to go in for a check up then he is going straight to Dr Notton's office." A nurse said informing both of us as a team of nurses came in and lifted the handles on the side of his bed and wheeled him out.

I sighed picked up my bag and decided to go home after thanking Nurse Katie for all she had done. I wasted my hours watching movies, searching the university I was going to and stuffing my face with food.