Don't You Dare

I went to find the nearest desk, "Hi I'm looking for Kade Hyde." I said to the nurse on duty. "Room 125 it will be on your right hand side." I nodded with a smile.

I knocked on his door lightly and opened it when I didn't hear a response. It was empty, I went back to the desk and asked the nurse when his next chemo was scheduled. "50 minutes from now hun."

I went up to the roof where he last took me. "Kade."I murmured as I got up there and saw him standing in the middle of the helicopter pad. He turned around and looked at me, he blinked once before facing his back to me again.

I walked up and stood in front of him, I wrapped my arms around his waist and placed my head on his chest, "I'm sorry about your mom." I said quietly. He placed his head on top of mine.

"How did you know?" He asked. "She was in the vehicle that collided with Shawn." I said even more quietly. "I'm sorry." He murmured.

"I miss her so much and sometimes I actually wish this cancer would take me away cause I have no one. Mr Hyde is a jackass, I hate his assistant cause he was having an affair with her, my mom is gone, the only person that gave a shit about me is gone and they still haven't found the person who shot at them. And they probably never will." He said and I felt his body shake against mine.

"I'm trying to be strong but I don't need to be cause I have no one to fight this cancer for." I held him tighter towards me, "You have me, fight it for me." I said as he placed his head on the crook of my neck.

"Mickayla you are an amazing girl but it's not the same, I don't know I'm sorry." He said. I felt my heart break all over again. He didn't deserve this, I knew nothing I could say could make him know he was cared for or that he was loved so I settled for placing a kiss on his head.

"Don't you dare give up Kade." I said firmly, I put his face in my hands, "Don't you dare give up."

~¤~

"So how is Shawn?" Kade asked. We had gone back to his room after he cleaned himself up and we had bought some snacks from a vending machine. I took a bite of my sandwich and looked at Kade.

"He remembers his ex girlfriend that made it her mission to destroy me." I said with sarcastic happiness. "Ouch." Kade winced. "I couldn't like stand there anymore so I just left, I came here to look for you." I said. " He is hurting me, you know, I know he can't help it though."

Kade nodded and munched on some chips. We talked till Kade had to go to chemo and we said our goodbyes and good lucks.

I walked past Shawns room and glanced inside the glass in the door. He was holding something in his hands. The diary. It was still unopened and he just kept staring at it before he put it on the table next to him.

I sighed and made my way to my car, once I got home I changed into pj's and walked to my mom's room. "Mom I'm going to sleep now." I said. She looked up from her book and patted the bed next to her.

I got under the covers and she stroked my hair, "Goodnight baby girl." She murmured as she continued to stroke my hair. "Micky you can go now." She laughed but I was way to comfortable to leave. So I just allowed myself to drift off to sleep.