Oh My Gosh

I drove to the hospital at about 8 a.m, I found a parking close to the entrance and I keyed in the pin that Nurse Katie had sent me and I went to Kade's floor.

I went quickly to his room and peeked inside slightly opening the door. He was standing by the window with his hands in the pockets of his jeans, "Kade." I whisper-yelled.

He jumped as he turned around to look at me with wide eyes, "You do realise it isn't visiting hours, how did you even get up here?" He asked opening the door and gesturing for me to come in.

"Yeah I know, I have my ways." I said with a sneaky smile, "I was wondering if you would like to go to my favourite coffee shop for breakfast?" I asked. He frowned at me for a moment, "Wait you are allowed to go out of here right?"

He nodded slowly, "Yeah I am and okay sure. I will just tell the nurse that helps me where I'm going."

I waited for a few moments as Kade talked to the nurse that had helped me yesterday. "Alright, let's go." Kade said with a smile while rubbing his hands together. I lead him outside to my car, as soon as I switched on the car I put on my radio.

"Oh my gosh!" Kade exclaimed as he turned up the volume.

"They're just girls breaking hearts

Eyes bright, uptight, just girls

But she can't be what you need if she's 17

They're just girls..."

He sang along loudly and I joined him in singing at the top of our voices. As I stopped at a red robot a girl in the other car looked over at us and gave me a look that said, 'it's way to early for this shit'.

I gave her a smile and a small wave before driving again. I parked the car and we got out, "It's usually busy around this time." I said in warning opening the café door.

We took a seat in the corner booth facing the rest of the café. "Can I have the pile'n'pancakes and a white hot chocolate please." I said to Maggie with a smile and she nodded before turning to Kade. "And for you hun?" She asked. "The same please with a side of bacon." He added closing the menu.

"You know you really didn't have to do this." He said with a smile once Maggie had left. "Nonsense I wanted to." I told him. "You know about yesterday..." He trailed off as he glanced down at his fingers, "It was not an attack at you, I like having you around but I really wish I had someone from my past you know."

"It's okay Kade but I want you to know that I am here for you." I said, he smiled at me and nodded. "So you like The 1975?" I asked. "Like them? I love them their music is so unique not mainstream." He said. "I especially like Chocolate." He added.

~¤~

After eating breakfast and enjoying Kade's wonderful company we got back to the hospital and Kade went back to his room while I went to go see Shawn.