Never Be Alone

"Morning." I said as I dragged myself over to my mom. I placed a kiss on her cheek and then lazily opened the fridge. I slowly took out the milk carton and shook it.

I opened the lid and gulped the remaining milk greedily. "Micky!" My mom scolded me; I gave her a cheeky smile. She rolled her eyes but continued to glance at the newspaper in her hand.

I had a shower and changed into a hoodie, skinny jeans and paired them with black button up uggs. I waved goodbye to my mom and grabbed my keys.

I drove to the Mendes house which was a few streets over. I rang the doorbell nervously, I hadn't been here since Shawn's accident.

Aaliyah opened the door and gave me a small smile, I pulled her into my arms, "I miss him so much." She muttered. I stroked her hair, "I know, Al, I know." She let out a painful breath and let go of me.

"Kayla, hi!" Shawn's mom said, her hair was flying all over the place, her hands were covered with rubber yellow gloves and she had an apron wrapped tightly around her waist.

She removed her gloves and gave me a hug, I sighed into it and she patted my back before letting go, her eyes were red and puffy.

"I was- I was cleaning Shawn's room and I found something... I wanted you to see it." She said as she led me upstairs to his room.

She put a video camera in my lap and Shawn's song writing book. I remembered when he told me I couldn't look at the new song he had been writing cause he said it 'tampered' with his creativity.

She flipped through the pages in his book and stopped. She put her hand to her mouth and tilted the book towards me.

NEVER BE ALONE ♡ was written at the top and I scanned through the lyrics:

I promise that one day I'll be around
I'll keep you safe
I'll keep you sound

Right now it's pretty crazy
And I don't know how to stop
Or slow it down

Hey
I know there are some things we need to talk about
And I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer now

Take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone

When you miss me close your eyes
I may be far but never gone

When you fall asleep tonight
Just remember that we lay under the same stars

And hey
I know there are some things we need to talk about
And I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer now

And take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone

And take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone

I felt the tears roll down my cheeks, I closed my eyes trying to control myself. "It's okay, Kayla, it's okay to still cry." Karen said as she put her arm around my shoulder. She picked up the camera and lifted it up to eye view.

"Hi I'm Shawn Mendes, so I wrote this song for my best friend Mickayla, because Kiki, no matter where I am- how far away we may seem. I will always be here for you."

His voice began to ring out of the camera and he played the guitar. I felt my body shake, and my heart was sore. "You'll never be alone."