All Our Memories

June 2008

I groaned as someone cruely ripped my blanket off my bed. I curled into a ball to keep myself warm. "GET UP!" Someone yelled by my ear, I reached out and hit whatever I could.

"OW!" I opened on eye and saw Shawn cradeling his nose and rocking back and forth on my floor. I rolled my eyes at his overreaction.

"You pre-teens are so annoying." I said with a tired grin with that he jumped on my bed, "Happy Birthday Kiki." He said. I smiled but chased him out of my room.

~¤~

"But I am 13, I should be able to go on this ride!" I whined, Shawn laughed from where he was on the ride at my distress. I groaned in frustration even though I was older than him by less than a year he was a head taller than me.

"Sorry, you don't reach the required height." The candy stripped uniform wearing man said with a hint of annoyance in his voice. I sighed and glared at Shawn who gave me a wicked smile.

Traitor.

I wandered off to the food stalls sitting area  in search of my mom. "Why aren't you with Shawn honey?" My mom asked concern written all over her face.  "I was to short to go on the ride." I sighed.

She smiled at me and shared a look with Shawn's mom. "You'll grow honey." Karen (Shawn's mom) laughed as she patted my back. "Three burgers," Shawn's dad annoncued as he put two trays on the table and Aaliyah, Shawn's sister put one.

"Great I'm starving." Shawn said appearing behind me. I rolled my eyes, "Probably because you are so weak and emptied your stomach contents on the ride." I muttered.

Shawn nudged my shoulder and smiled, "Dad can we please have money to get food?" His dad handed him a 50 dollar bill. "Ali are you coming?" He asked. She nodded and held onto Shawn's outstretched hand.

"Kiki are you coming?" Shawn asked with a cheeky smile, "Or are you going to keep sulking?" He added. I gave him a glare and swatted his arm he tried to sling around my shoulders.

I stuck my head up and walked towards the food stands but not before hearing Shawn mutter, 'Girls' earning chuckles from the adults and a hit from Aaliyah on the arm.

~¤~

"Please?" Aaliyah whined as she pulled Shawn. He looked at me and I shrugged, he allowed her to pull him towards the teacups and I followed.

She squealed as the man closed the door, "Keep all your body limbs in the teacup." He said sternly.

We were spinning and spinning, I knew Shawn was probably regretting eating all that junk food.

We got off and I looked over at Shawn who's skin was paled and he moved with uncertainty. "I told you not to eat that 3rd corndog." I said smugly at his discomfort.

He put his arm around my shoulders to steady himself before taking Aaliyah's hand, "Whatever."

~¤~

"Shawn... It's beautiful." I murmured as I turned the journal around. He grinned at me, "I knew you would like it." "I don't just like it, I love it." I said giving him a hug.

"It's for you to write all our memories in it." He said as he took out a necklace with a tiny key. "This is the key for the lock." He said as he placed it in the palm of my hand.

"So when we are old and we are remembering our past we can look over this together and smile at the memories." He added.