CHAPTER TWENTY | RUN

NOTE: brief mention of blood.
happy reading!

✧✧✧

CHAPTER TWENTY
RUN

CHAPTER TWENTYRUN

✧✧✧

All she remembered was that she had been running. Running away from something. No, at first, she'd thought it had been a mere memory or reminder of what had happened when she first arrived to the mystical Narnia. But this one, oh, this time, it had been far, far worse. The salty tears spilling from her squinted brown eyes had made her vision too blurry. It was entirely too dark as the night sky turned even darker than before: she could not see the tallest of pine trees surrounding her, including the tiny pebbles that scratched her feet, arms, and everything in it's path.

Oh, by the Lion, everything ached so much.

Heavy horse hooves reverberated in her ear, and a searing pain only grew worse and worse on her arm, stomach, legs, everything; everything hurt, everything felt like it was burning, and the burning sensation only increased and worsened as she ran faster and faster into the deep, eerie western woods. And it seemed as if horses were chasing her, for the damp ground beneath her bare feet trembled with their every step—no... now they seemed as if they were indeed giants, and her damp, heavy dress was only slowing her down even more.

Her bloodied hand had instinctively grabbed her side, the side that had been hurting the most, and it was no surprise when she saw the sharp piece of wood still piercing her swollen skin. She had cursed under her breath as the shouts from the giants no, maybe even wolves had been following her. Oh, what had happened? How did she get there? And why does it feel so, so real? It couldn't have been the time she ran from the beast in the estate of her home, no. This one was much, much worse than that time.

Has this happened before? Or is it inside my head? Where even am I? Where are the Pevensies? This question had been ringing inside her head as she sprinted, and hurried to get away from menacing pack of wolves of giants chasing her without stopping.

She had tried stopping, but she could not; she simply couldn't. She could not do anything.

Run. Before it's too late.

Her breath hitching up in her dry throat, and her sharp, fallen branches piercing into the skin of her foot. Oh, but her sides, her sides hurt like hell, and the pain had been too overwhelming, for she was losing a lot of blood. But still, she carried on despite the ever growing searing pain in her foot, and her blurry vision threatening to black out. Not to mention the heavy flow of tears staining her already damp, rosy cheeks as she let out desperate ragged breaths.

And it was a matter of time before she lost her battle to the overwhelming pain in her abdomen and feet, before her body fell limp against the ground. Or at least she had hit her head with something sharp and heavy. And as swiftly as her legs had given out, her vision had been flooded with the hot, red liquid until she couldn't see, or hear, nothing more other than the ear-splitting shout of her name after she had collapsed...