CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE | LETTER

LETTER

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREELETTER

✧✧✧

TWO WEEKS LATER,

When Rose felt as though she was not alone in the library, she had grabbed the old book, coat, and hurried out of there. She didn't trust the book to stay hidden now that someone had returned it, so, she figured that someone else knew of their once secret hiding spot. Now, she would have to hide it in another safer place.

She thought of their secret gardens, but that would seem illogical, as it would probably get ruined one way or another. Then, she thought of another place in the library, but she wouldn't risk it. She could hide it in her quarters, though. No one would know it is there. Or perhaps in Edmund's, but the fact that he was still in battle meant that she had to improvise; so, she chose her own private quarters.

Rose could manage to stash behind her vanity, or inside her wardrobe. Because behind her seemingly small vanity, there was a small spot big enough for the thick book to fit. She hoped no one would find it there. And in addition, she could just study the book in her bedroom. Rose wouldn't have to sneak out for the time being, and she could finally get her full night's sleep. It was not like the western wing was crowded anyway, it was the most solitary one, in fact; it was perfect.

Anyone rarely ever passed through those corridors anyway. If they did, it would most likely be a maid assisting to the Just King's bed chambers, (which were also in her wing of the castle). He was merely doors away from her, in fact. But of course, she hasn't even been there before.

Rose supposed she had taken a peek inside one time, back when they didn't particularly like the other. However, it was only for the sole purpose of learning where the stables were located. Edmund had answered, but the way in which he'd done so had been rather discouraging. So, she never knocked on his door ever again.

But now, a week later, Rose found herself heading down to breakfast with the queens and Anne. She was released only three days ago, and even though she was still walking a bit limp and wore several bandages on her healing wounds, the nurse allowed her to head down to suppers for the time being. That way she could move her muscles by walking again after being cooped in the hospital for nearly a month; it would serve as a practice. It was perfect.

Rose was glad Anne was finally released from that rather glum medical wing; she had much to tell her.

However, Anne was persistent, she knew she was in perfect health and capable of performing her chores — which weren't even hers to begin with. She would stand her ground whenever told her she couldn't do something, and prove them wrong. And she almost always did. Regardless of her rather fiery temper, she would remain silent unless spoken to, and treated everyone with respect. In her hometown, she was known to be tender-hearted. Not only that, she would protect what's hers and sacrifice herself for those she loved. And they all adored her for it.