Part Twenty-Six

The three of us ran to an unused storage facility down the field. Bucky took his phone out and held it against his ear.

"Sam, Zemo's here." He sighed down the line

"I'll be right over." Sam replied .

Bucky could hear rustling in the background. "You got the suit?" He smiled

"Yeah. Thanks man."

"No problem. You deserve it."

There was a few seconds of silence between them, smiling down the phone to each other.

"Gimme 5 minutes." Sam said breaking the silence

"I don't know if we can. I think Mallory may kill Sharon."

While this conversation was happening, I was fuming at Sharon, screaming profanities at her as she pointed her gun towards me.

"Why did you do this!?" I sighed, throwing my arms up in the end, defeated by what my life had become.

She rolled her eyes, "You were always so dramatic."

"Says the one pointing the gun." I snapped back. Sharon shrugged, still pointing the gun. I shook my head, "Why would you tell him?"

"I need to earn a living somehow."

"You sold me out for money?" I was in completely shock. She really had no morals.

"Why not? I had to do everything myself! You just get everything handed to you!" Sharon shouted back over to me, waving her gun around.

"What are you on about? I have nothing!" I shouted.

I had no family. No friends. No home. Nothing. Yet she's going to say that I get everything handed to me!? For most my life I was forced to live in a country I didn't want to be in, to not be talked about. To miss my family more than a normal person should. To then miss huge family gatherings - birthdays, weddings, funerals.... I didn't get any cards or presents off my family. Only grandpa and Nan sent me something, probably because they felt guilty for sending me away.

Sharon laughed, but not funny haha kind of way.... like she was laughing at me. "You really believed me?" She brought a key out of her pocket. "To Steve's lock box at the bank. He gave it to me to pass to you. Everything he owned is yours. Yet I save his ass and I get nothing!"

The key dangled on a small chain in her hand. I wasn't sure how I felt; he had left me something? Why give it to her to give to me? What could possibly be inside....

"Well, I'm glad you're not bitter about it." I spat sarcastically at her, fed up with her games.

"Come one ladies -" Bucky placed his hand on the base of my back.

I stepped away and glared at him, "Stay out of this Bucky!"

"Yeah... Probably best." He nodded, holding his hands up and stepping away again.

"Even got Bucky wrapped round your finger." Sharon scoffed.

"Oh my GOD!" I screamed as loud as I could. Inside my heart was raging, my stomach turning in knots; unsure if I wanted to scream or throw up. "Sharon this is ridiculous!"

A metal pole came flying through the air, Bucky managed to catch it before it hit is head.

I looked in the direction the pole flew from and say a few people running in our direction. "They've caught up." I took in a deep breath and looked to Bucky,  "gimme your arm."

"What are you gonna do?" Bucky reached out and took my hand in his metal hand.

"I haven't really worked it out."

It was the only thing I could think of to get some sort of magic inside me, siphoning some of the energy from him, but not taking too much so he had some power left.

The figures suddenly drop one by one, something flying through the air... it took me a few seconds to realise it was the shield.

Sam landed next to Bucky in a new uniform

"Where did this come from?" I smiled at the new look.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." Bucky smiled looking between myself and Sam.

"That's what you were off doing?"

"Not perfect signal in Wakanda."