Chapter 14: Nightmare

Taehyung was happily reading a manga while walking home. His classmate let him borrow the latest volume of One Piece and damn, he’s really happy/ He furrowed his eyebrows when he notices his mother sitting on the pavement, crying. He ran to her, engulfing him in a tight hug.

"Mom, what’s wrong?"

"Your dad... He..."

Her mom sobs hard as she clutch on his shirt. He took the phone in his mother's grip, reading the latest message.

"Mrs. Kim, unfortunately your husband was involved in an accident. Due to slippery roads, your husband's car lost control and jumped off the bridge. He died inside the car because of the large impact and lacking of blood. We sent his body..........."

His eyes started to get teary as he read the message again and again. This can't be...

Everything gets blurry and before he knew it, he's embracing a girl named Kim Taeyeon.

"I love you, Tae."

"I love you too, Taengoo."

The scene once again changes. He watches his mother fall onto the floor, blood rushing down her face. The car that hit her was long gone. People started to crowd them as he held his lifeless mother close. Mom...

The last time his eyes get blurry, he opens his eyes and he's inside the school library. He watches his girlfriend undress another man. He watch as the man kisses her girlfriend. He listens to her girlfriend's groans and begging. He watches them as he let the tears roll down his face once again.

NO! Too much pain... Too much...

The room gets darker, darkness engulfing him. He curls into a ball and hug his knees closer. He sobs.

This is too much...

"Hyung? What's wrong?" He heard a very familiar husky voice. It's too familiar.

"Are you okay, hyung?" 

No. I'm not, Jungkook. I'm not.

He sobs harder, making it hard for him to breathe.

"Hyung?"

His eyes snap open. 

It's just a dream. A really bad dream.

He blinks his eyes once, then twice, His face wet with tears and sweat. He's panting and trembling.

He felt a thumb rub his left cheeks and he flinches, but eventually relaxing.

"Tell me what's wrong." Jungkook coos. Taehyung bite his lips fighting back the tears.

Jungkook sighs and move closer, caressing his hand.

"Nightmares?"

Taehyung only nods. He gives up fighting his subconscious and hugs the younger tightly, head on his chest as he start to cry again. The younger just let the older cry, hugging him tightly and running his hand through his hair.

After 5 good minutes, Taehyung finally calm down. He's sniffling and hiccupping. For Jungkook, his hyung look so vulnerable. He's like a glass, he's too afraid to break his hyung.

"Can you tell me?"

Taehyung shake his head, "When I remember, I feel the pain. And when I feel the pain, I cry. And when I cry, I can't stop..."

Jungkook hums and nuzzle Taehyung's hair.

"Kookie? Can I sleep like this?" He said, looking up through his eyelashes.

Jungkook smile and nods his head, "Tell me when you feel uncomfortable."

Taehyung snuggle closer, flashing a small smile.

At least I have someone at times like this.

Jungkook wake up when he heard a thud. He blinks his eyes as he adjusts his eyes from the brightness. He felt someone breathe on his neck. He shivers as he tries to pull away, but Taehyung's grip on his waist tightens.

"Hyung..." He whisper and Taehyung finally let go, pouting and turning to face the other side.

Jungkook sit up and look at the clock on the nightstand.

11:17 AM?! IT'S ALMOST LUNCH TIME! School! Right, I forgot about the school!

He groans and starts to slap his own cheeks but then he hears Taehyung whimper. His lips are pouting, sleeping peacefully. He then started to remember the scene last night, which make him smile. His hyung looked different.

His hyung's phone rings and the caller's ID say: "KTY"
He just let it ring and when it stops, he checks the messages and he have 7 messages from "KTY".

Babe.

Where are you, baby?

Answer my calls babe.

Baby, you're not in your school.

Jimin said you didn't attend school today.

Baby, do you want me to visit you?

Taengoo misses TaeTae :(

Jungkook's hand tremble. KTY? Kim Taeyeon?

He put the phone back and closes his eyes.

Calm down, Jungkook. Calm down.

"What's wrong, Kookie?"

His breath hitches, "Nothing." His voice crack and he knew he's going to cry.

He turns around and walks out the room. He grabs his towel and went straight to the bathroom. He quickly shower and dress up. He grabs his phone and leaves the house. He needs space. He can't see him right now.