Decision and Ascension

" Anansi "

Peter saw a tall, muscular, dark-skinned man wearing tribal tattoos and clothing, standing in front of him with a smile on his face.

" Finally we've met, Peter. It's nice to meet you, I've been waiting for this moment for a long time," said Anansi.

" How...How are you in my mind? And why haven't we met before? " asked Peter surprised at seeing Anansi.

" I'm just a small essence of the Anansi, left behind by him in your mind to guide you but I was locked away by the influence of Mephisto. I have been sealed along with your memories when you signed the contract, " Replied Anansi.

" Then why didn't you warned me about Mephisto and the contract? " here Peter got angry with the god if he had warned him before, he would have been living his life happily.

" Calm down, young Parker. I did try to warn you but I was not strong enough at that time. You see, I'm just an essence of the original, he has distributed his essence throughout the multiverse to maintain the web. To meet me when I'm not at full power, you need to be in harmony with your mind, body, soul,  your tantric and chaotic energy. The balance is important. "

" But how can I see you then?" Asked Peter confused.

" it's simple, you are in harmony now, your ' kind of ' death did help too. Your memories of happiness have balanced out the sadness. And you need tantric and chaotic energy in the material world."

" oh! I'm sorry if I can't understand any magical hocus Pocus stuff. I'm the man of science, No offence," said Peter.

" None was taken, I know you don't fully understand magical aspects of your powers but I assure you,  you will in due time," said Anansi.

" what do you mean? " asked Peter, he was confused with the riddle-y way of Anansi.

" it's time for you to accept your destiny, Peter. The universe needs its ' GREAT WEAVER' and I'm here to guide you" said Anansi, he looked straight into Peter's eyes to show his seriousness.

" Wh.....what?" Peter asked surprised.

" yes, we don't have much time. New threats are rising on the horizon, new and old both. These are a threat to the delicate balance of the nature and existence of the web. Our arachnid brethren are in danger. " said Anansi.

Peter can't believe his ears, the new threats seem to be rising.

" You have met inheritors, right Peter"

At hearing the name of inheritors his blood ran cold. He clenched his fists at the thought of them hunting him or the other spiders more importantly his children.

" They are now working with each other" informed Anansi.

" But why? I don't see inheritors or Mephisto as working together type"
Asked Peter hoping they may not work together.

" Enemy unites at a common goal, Peter.
They both want you and me dead but for different reasons. The inheritors want every arachnid's totemic energy and Mephisto want control over the web of life. And they both are backed by an ancient being, who wants eternal darkness."

" it's a very grim situation, we've to stop it at any cost," said Peter.

" Yes, that's why I need you to prepare before the upcoming war for existence. So do you accept Spider-man to bear the responsibilities of the great weaver?" Asked Peter while holding out his hand for Peter.

" yes, I do accept"

Peter clasped Anansi's hand without any hesitation. Even if his friends, family or the world doesn't believe in him, but he will do his best and beyond to make sure they all are safe, because

' With great powers come great responsibility '

Peter started to glow and he was encased in a golden cocoon.

'Now it's time to rise great weaver' thought Anansi.

AFTER SOME TIME

The cocoon started to crack and a hand came out first then a leg stepped out.
The cocoon started to crumble around him. There were some drastic changes externally. His pupils have turned gold with spiderweb-like patterns and were glowing lightly.

 His pupils have turned gold with spiderweb-like patterns and were glowing lightly

* Just imagine this pattern with golden colour *

His hair remains as it is except for the white patch of hair strands.

* just imagine this hairstyle with a white patch *

His Spider-man suit was gone, replaced by a pure white suit with a golden spider symbol in the middle of his chest.

" Now you have ascended, Spider-man," said Anansi with a smile.