AFTERMATH OF THE RITUAL 3

NEW YORK

The luxurious apartment in New York exuded elegance and refinement. Sunlight streamed through floor-to-ceiling windows, casting a golden hue over the open-plan living area. The décor was a tasteful blend of modern art and timeless sophistication, with plush furnishings and carefully curated pieces that spoke of both wealth and style.

At the glass dining table, Felicia Hardy sat with her teenage daughter, Felicity. Felicia, a striking woman in her late thirties, was the epitome of mature beauty. Her platinum blonde hair fell in soft waves around her shoulders, and her figure, still voluptuous and alluring, hinted at the agility and strength she once wielded as the infamous Black Cat. Yet, her green eyes carried the weight of many regrets.

 Yet, her green eyes carried the weight of many regrets

Felicia had made choices that haunted her daily. She had betrayed and deceived her late ex-husband, Peter Parker, by abandoning him and their daughter in pursuit of revenge, even going so far as to fake her own death. Years later, she had returned, only to further disrupt her daughter's life by exploiting the growing distance between Felicity and Peter, enticing Felicity away from her father.

Felicity, a young woman on the cusp of adulthood, had inherited her mother's beauty and her father's intellect. Her blonde hair framed a face that was both fierce and vulnerable, her blue eyes reflecting a turbulent mix of emotions as she picked at her breakfast.

The television mounted on the wall interrupted the silence, capturing their attention. "In breaking news, Parker Industries is set to make a groundbreaking announcement today. Kaine Parker will be stepping down as CEO, and in his place, a familiar figure will take the helm. Stay tuned for this unexpected revelation."

Felicia's heart pounded as the camera cut to the press conference. When the new CEO was revealed, her breath caught in her throat. Peter Parker stood at the podium, his appearance altered but unmistakable. Felicia's mind raced, a storm of disbelief and regret swirling within her.

Across the table, Felicity's reaction was immediate. Her grip tightened on her fork, knuckles white with suppressed emotion. Silent tears welled in her eyes, streaming down her cheeks. Felicia watched, a painful knot forming in her chest.

"Did you know?" Felicia's voice was barely above a whisper, heavy with accusation and sorrow. "Did you know your father was alive?"

Felicity stood abruptly, her chair scraping against the floor. She didn't meet her mother's eyes, her silence speaking volumes. Without a word, she walked away, leaving Felicia alone with her turmoil.

Felicia clutched her head in her hands, tears flowing freely now. The luxurious apartment seemed to close in around her, the weight of her past choices pressing down relentlessly.