confessions and instincts (x-men 1)

THREE WEEKS AFTER SPIDER-MAN'S DEATH

HELLFIRE CLUB - 8 PM

A woman was sitting in the private lounge for kings and queens of the club, with a glass of wine in her hand, sipping slowly from it. She was staring at nothing, in particular, just lost in her thought.

She was none other than the white queen of the Hellfire club herself, Emma Frost. She had long blonde hair, flowing like waves that ended at her shoulders. She was wearing a light white lip gloss and her eye makeup was smudged with tears but her face was as stoic as ever. She was wearing a white business tux, which gave her the look of a stoic businesswoman.

She was thinking of the events from the last three weeks. First, she and x-men had a war with Inhumans, for the mutant island of Krokoa. Both sides lost few members each but x-men stood victorious. They lost wolverine, Jean, Cyclops, Archangel, mystique, nightcrawler and many others from their side but the Inhumans lost their king Black bolt, his brother Maximus, Gorgon, Karnak, Triton and many other Inhumans. The queen, medusa surrendered after the death of Black bolt and after seeing the grievous injury of her people.

They won but at the cost of senior x-men. When they returned to New York, she found out Spider-man is dead. He committed suicide. At that thought, she clenched her fists tighter.

She never thought his death would affect her that much, but it did. She was sad at losing her friends, colleagues from both sides but hearing his death broke her heart.

She and Spider-man were-- used to be friends long ago. He was a cute, nerdy classmate of hers. She and her best friend, Chat, used to love him. She was shy in her early days, so Chat proposed to him first and they both started dating each other. She was jealous of Chat, the man she loved was taken away from her. After watching both of them together she finally confessed her feeling to him.

He was a noble and great man, he refused to cheat on Chat. She admired him even more for that. Chat knew her feeling towards him, so she proposed an idea to her.

FLASHBACK

" WHAT??" asked a young Emma stunned. She was not able to believe what her friend was suggesting to her.

" I said, I'm ready to share him with you. I know your feeling towards him" said Chat in an amused tone. She was enjoying the expressions Emma was making.

" I'm sorry Chat but I don't want to come between your happy relationship." Said Emma feeling guilty.

" hey, Peter told me everything about your confession. He looked sad at rejecting you. I bugged hi--- I mean I asked what he truly felt about you?"  said Chat.

Emma snapped her head to look at her.

" what did he say? " asked Emma, somewhat feeling hopeful.

" He said he loves you too, but he never wants to cheat on me or never wants to ruin the great friendship between us," said Chat fondly.

Emma's eyes widened with shock, then she felt Chat place her hand on her shoulders and squeezed lightly.

" I love him Emma so do you. We are like sisters, we're both runaways. You ran away from your abusive and controlling father, I ran away from the orphanage as they saw me as a mad person due to my powers." She sighed and continued " I won't take your love away from him that's why I'm willing to share. You will always be my family, my sister"

Emma's eyes started to water up, she hugged Chat tightly.

" thank you Chat"

" we will tell him tomorrow on my date. We will go together to get our man right? " said Chat smiling at her best friend.