Compliments

Chaewon

For the nth time, I roll on the side. Finding a comfortable position to sleep.

I sigh loudly and open my eyes. Defeated

She'll be alright. She'll be.. right?

She looked like my age, so, she can protect herself.

But it's night and those things are more active

She's on the grocery store. It's secured.

But what if she decided to go out?

I cover my face with my hands and groan. Fuck. There's no way I could be sleeping tonight with these thoughts.

The next thing I know, I'm walking slowly through the alleyway.

This is wrong. I never ever thought that I'll be going out at night just for someone.

This wasn't planned and I hate it. She still better be there, I don't have time to look out for her in the middle of the night.

I halt and abruptly crouched down, hiding.

I can hear them growling lowly. There's two in my way. Shit.

Feeling my heart beats faster. I breathe out, calming for a second.

I need to lure them out the way.

I look around finding something. When I spot a piece of metal, I grab it.

Squatting a little, I peek to find a spot that would make not much noise.

1..2..3..

Then I throw the metal piece, earning a loud clank.

Fuck, it hit some metal. I'm so stupid.

With that growls grew louder with footsteps running away from where I am.

I peek again to see where they are. Great. Now there's four of them. But at least my path is cleared.

Running slowly towards the grocery's back door, I noticed that there's another one of those things a little distant from the door.

I carefully twist the door knob, eyeing that thing, who's aimlessly looking elsewhere.

Once I settled inside, I quietly called out for her.
Not remembering her name, I called "Hello? you still in here?" Then I walk towards where I found her.

"Hello?" I repeated. I checked every row as I did before.

I stopped at the very last row again. I sigh in relief. She's still here.

She's holding a pack of chips in her hands. Mouth slightly agape, letting out little snores.

I crouched, looking at her. She's sleeping.

I look up, hearing faint growls from outside then back to her.

It'll be a bad idea to wake her up. So I decided to switch my bag to my front and sit facing her. I'm a little tired too.

.
.
.
.
.

I wake up. Annoyed. Something's on my cheeks.

I open my eyes, only to meet that stealer poking my cheeks with her finger.

I groaned and swatted her hand away from my face. This girl made me sleep while sitting, how annoying.

Standing up, I dusted my pants. She follows.

"Hi... uhmmmm..." she greeted, dragging the last word through her tounge.

I lift my eyebrow, a signal for her to continue.