Through the woods

Chaewon

"How about this?" Minju asked, lifting a roll of bandages. I nod, then she go back to find something useful for the 'adventure' she called.

I doubt that, being with this annoying frog for the walk towards Busan, we're probably too far from having an adventure.

Adventure should be fun and exciting. And nothing is exciting about being in danger every single second out there. Specially, if you're with this clumsy-loud frog.

She tripped jumping over a half a meter fence, on our way here. I really don't think she can run without tripping if those things run over us. I'll really leave her behind.

"Uhmm.. Chaewon-ssi.. I think I found something" she called across the room.

I stood up. When she told me yesterday that she will go with me. My whole mood changed. I thought she would really say no, because she had been there. I don't know what she's thinking, saying yes to me.

Right then, I regretted asking her. But she's really useful too, like she said. I told her that we'll look for things we need at the store. She happily agreed to do it all. She told me to just sit at corner and relax.

I'm impressed with her... kindness, I guess. She would just show me things she thought would be useful and I'll decide whether it is or not. She's helpful.

As I reached where her voice came from. She points to the tall metal cabinet. A rusty one.

She look pale "What's there? rats?" I asked, she shakes her head.

I walk over the cabinet and pull its handle.

My eyes widen. A strong unpleasant smell flew to the air, along with flies.

I quickly took a step back. A rotten human body is sitting inside. It's probably male, based on the clothes. Right in his hand, a shot gun.

Now that would be useful. I pulled the gun from his hands forcefully. And look through it.

A double-barrell. He probably use the missing bullet to him. Poor guy.

After searching for the packet of bullets around his body, I found nothing. I sigh.

Tch. Disappointing.

As I was placing back the gun beside him, I noticed the line at the bottom part of the cabinet.

I need to get him out. I tried pulling his body, but his too heavy.

"Need help?"

I jumped, shocked. I just realized that I was with someone. Stupid.

"Obviously" I replied. When would she stop asking obvious questions?

We manage to pull out the body. And I'm right. There's a compartment at the bottom.

I slowly open it.

"Wow. That's a lot of money" Minju whispered beside me. I flinched. She needs to stop that or I'll die in shock.

There were bundles of cash inside, but that's useless right now. Fortunately, what I'm looking for is there. Two packs of bullets. Gotcha.

"Aren't you taking the money?" she asked. I shrugged, loading the gun.

"Then I will" she said, I look at her. "For what?" I asked her. That'll be no use.

She look up and smile " I'm broke" she said, pouting a little.

I look away "You're weird" I replied, walking back to where she piled up the supplies.

.
.
.